Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Not gonna lie, I think this looks really good. Granted, I thought the Obi-Wan trailer was like one of the best trailers ever. I was so excited for that series.
This has potential as it isn't dealing with the same baggage as Obi-wan had to deal with. It's still has some prequel-like pitfalls it could fall into, but as a whole every character could be in peril. Obi-wan had almost zero suspense with the major players.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I have a bit of hope for The Acolyte, but in this current era I'm going to have to see it be good before I expect it to be good.
"The Acolyte, a Star Wars show dubbed "Frozen meets Kill Bill" by showrunner Leslye Headland"

This doesnt feel great, but Ill give it a go obviously. Im not totally sold on this director.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
That trailer has some very cool looking scenes in it. Although the point of the trailer is to get people excited, and I didn't catch much of a plot narrative for the series other than "Someone is killing the Jedi." I was super hyped after the Obi-Wan trailer and that series was a disaster. Word is that Kathleen Kennedy was more hands on with this series, so I'm guessing its gonna be pretty rough. Hope I'm wrong because this franchise badly needs a win.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
That trailer has some very cool looking scenes in it. Although the point of the trailer is to get people excited, and I didn't catch much of a plot narrative for the series other than "Someone is killing the Jedi." I was super hyped after the Obi-Wan trailer and that series was a disaster. Word is that Kathleen Kennedy was more hands on with this series, so I'm guessing its gonna be pretty rough. Hope I'm wrong because this franchise badly needs a win.

From what I understand is this director wants to tell the story from the villains perspective. Disney is on a kick right now with this idea, I kind of hate it. I know they are looking for fresh takes, which I applaud to an extent. But removing good vs evil for "there is no good and evil, only perspective and circumstance" is lame. The original Star Wars and cough cough the sequels had a villain or two that was a memorable menace. The heroes went through some sort of character evolution overcoming weaknesses/obstacles in themselves to defeat the villain. Im just struggling to care about this modern storytelling.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gorm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron