STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
am I missing something here? Fran has had a pretty consistent rebuild, nothing crazy but decent.

Trash year 1
Snuck into NIT
NIT finals
NCAA round 1
NCAA Round 2
NCAA Round 2
NIT
Bad year
NCAA Round 2 lost in OT

Go to the rivalry forum.

• Agree
Reactions: SerenityNow

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Who does the staff turn their attention to now?

Blackwell, Dubar and Walker is still a pretty solid class

And we are not done -- looks like the chances Foster is the last piece are diminishing, but I am sure this staff will do something good with that last open spot.

Life goes on. We'll find the next one.

• Optimistic
Reactions: NWICY and CySmurf

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How so?

Nunge/P Mcafrey/ look like they’ve got 3-4 spots locked up next 3-4 years after this year. XF isn’t a 5 man that Iowa plays

You just listed two guys who are completely unproven as having spots locked up for 3-4 years. One is 160 lbs and the other redshirted his sophomore year

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
am I missing something here? Fran has had a pretty consistent rebuild, nothing crazy but decent.

Trash year 1
Snuck into NIT
NIT finals
NCAA round 1
NCAA Round 2
NCAA Round 2
NIT
Bad year
NCAA Round 2 lost in OT
Not much hardware in that list. When your claim to fame is you are better than Lickliter you are scraping for justifications. Can't imagine he would be still employed at the UofI had he followed Dr. Tom.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
And we are not done -- looks like the chances Foster is the last piece are diminishing, but I am sure this staff will do something good with that last open spot.

Life goes on. We'll find the next one.
Agree. I like Blackwell's motor. He seems like a guy that can come in and play immediately alongside Conditt. If Halliburton does leave after this season, Prohm can sell immediate playing time to a grad transfer pg. Still think Halliburton is about 50/50 though.

Baseline23

Mar 17, 2012
Just spitballing here, but isn't it still remotely possible the kid still hasn't made up his mind, and wants to literally wait until the last day? Or minute?
The only reason I broach this is, if it's all so obvious (and/or so many of the all-knowing Insiders know this), why wouldn't he just make the commitment during or right after he was over in I.C. 'high-fiving' his new teammates?

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: 83cy and isutrevman

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Just spitballing here, but isn't it still remotely possible the kid still hasn't made up his mind, and wants to literally wait until the last day? Or minute?
The only reason I broach this is, if it's all so obvious (and/or so many of the all-knowing Insiders know this), why wouldn't he just make the commitment during or right after he was over in I.C. 'high-fiving' his new teammates?

Who says he didn't make his commitment Friday to the coaching staff? He can still make a public announcement Monday.

• Agree
Reactions: legi and 83cy

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I don't think you set an announcement date without knowing your decision. Im guessing he's known since the date was set.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This thread is going to be pure gold the next couple days. I have no sympathy for the cyclone trolls who turned this thread into a massive circle jerk over a kid who was never going to come here. I hope the Hawk fans come flooding in because you guys deserve it.

First, what kind of Iowa State fan are you?

Second, there were plenty of people over confident on him coming here. But I don't know of anyone who acted like getting Foster was that critical to anything. It would have been good to beat Iowa for a recruit, but if he wants to play for that dumpster fire, go for it.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Oh I think he knows where he is going. Maybe he loves the attention. Who wouldn't. As for going to see games in Iowa City.........it's a rival school not an entity we are at war with. Didn't ISU players from the state wear Chris Street's number for years after he died? Some just blow this stuff way out of proportion.

• Agree
Reactions: Baseline23

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Or maybe this is example #7512 of fans living life in an echo chamber and believing what they hope instead of reality.

That said I have no idea where he’s going and I don’t think others know either.

So did you take your private jet to madison yesterday? Or were you in Cedar Falls?

Who did you root for? The hawks or Wisconsin? Since you are an important person to each fan base.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I would be pretty shocked if he came here and I think we will be just fine without him

I think you were right a few weeks ago. I think we were the clear favorite and he was just visiting the other schools to see what they offered. However, fairly confident he no longer is all-in as he probably was over the summer.

Please credit ISUCubswin, who scooped this two weeks ago as seen in these posts. Good guy. CW should hire him.

• Funny
Reactions: IAStubborn

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Ni0emTj.gif

I believe the kids call it rent free.

hey at least if he gets in any trouble, he will never have to serve any punishment. You guys are always cool turning a blind eye to what your players do.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: CY21 and Hawkmi