Spinal Tap

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Not sure what I think about this. This Is Spinal Tap is one of the top 5 funniest movies ever made. Part of me cringes that it will be awful. Part of me can’t wait to see it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Interesting timing given the real death of Ric Parnell two weeks ago.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah. The things that made that movie great just can't be made anymore. Maybe they should just film a short follow-up interview to re-release the original.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It's been 38 years since the original. While I'm not a big fan of these sequels being made decades later, these guys have a pretty good track record of making fun quirky entertainment.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It's been 38 years since the original. While I'm not a big fan of these sequels being made decades later, these guys have a pretty good track record of making fun quirky entertainment.
This is where I am. Usually my eyes roll pretty hard at ideas like this but if there's any crew that can pull something like this off in a way that's hilarious and original, it's Christopher Guest et al.

Reactions: cyclones500

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I'm in the camp where if it looks like they're enjoying making the movie then it will probably be entertaining enough.

Reactions: cyclones500

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I think it could be yuge, especially if they don't hesitate to send up some of these old geezers who get up on stage and are just sad parodies of their younger selves. Instead of yelling "Dylan! Rock-n-roll", one can only sigh and be embarrassed for them.

A sequel could be super dark and funny. One of our friends went to see Neil Diamond in concert a few years ago, and her sons joked that he would have to be packed in ice before his next gig in Minneapolis.

My faith is in Michael McKean. He is a comedic genius.