Someone from another board posted this NBA draft list

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I know I'll be accused but find Monte' well below what I'd expect based on aptitude. I love his game although I admit to not understanding how that translates to the league one twit. I also find these pre-college rankings v. mock draft prospects interesting.

Seniors in the NBA mock draft from the 2013 recruiting class:

Wesley Iwundu was 197th in that class, and is mocked at the 24th pick.

Sindarius Thonrwell
was 32nd in that class, and is mocked at the 38th pick.

Josh Hart was 80th in the that class, and is mocked at the 45th pick.

Alec Peters was 254th in the class, and is mocked at the 48th pick.

Frank Mason
was 117th in that class, and is mocked at the 53rd pick.

Monte Morris was 83rd in that class, and is mocked at the 54th pick.

VJ Beachmen
was 74th in that class, and is mocked at the 58th pick.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'm in no position to argue this stuff. I hate the NBA. Never watch. But he is supposedly first round material according to some analysts.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/wesley-iwundu
I know this isn't your opinion, although idk if you disagree with it. But The fact that they have Iwundu as going 24th overall and then have a NBA Comparison to Kent Bazemore/Jordan Mcrae, says all you need to know about that sites scouting validity haha. That being said, I think he is later than pick 24 and better than Bazemore/Mcrae.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
NBA is always about size and who you can defend. Iwundu has a good size/skill combo and can guard multiple positions. Monte's strengths are much harder to quantify.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

dmh

Mar 25, 2017
In a pg heavy draft, it just takes one team to fall in love with Monte's game. I personally hope that team is the Spurs but, the draft can get crazy depending on an individual team's thoughts or gameplan.......

Remember, Nader and Niang were not supposed to be drafted but, Larry Bird saw a little bit of himself in Niang and took him 50th. Nader came out of nowhere and killed some of his workouts and got drafted 58th.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
24th overall pick and finished 6th in conference standings? Weber being Weber I guess.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
You had them picked 9th or 10th, right? I'll take K-State finishing higher than ISU this season, actually all three sports, want?

I'll take that bet.

Football, KSU probably higher.
Basketball, I've got confidence in Coach Prohm.
Softball, KSU doesn't even have a team!

So, surles, when can I expect my money?

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I've got a bet that says surly starts three more stupid threads by Wednesday, want?
Seems to me looking at draft prospects for Big 12 players and gauging folks' expectation for the upcoming football season are fair and timely topics for discussion on this board. What would you like to chat about?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron