We've now lost:

3 in a row in MBB
5 in a row in WBB
15 in a row in Wrestling
6 in a row in FB

On the positive side, we've won

13 in a row (furthers back I could go) in Men's Cross Country
11 in a row in Women's Cross Country

I'm sure most are like me and don't give a poo about CC though.

Ugh. Have got to get this ship righted. Hoping BB teams can pull it off this year and get some momentum in the other direction. Not sure if/when FB or Wrestling will win again.
giphy.gif

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I think it's on you that you only compare us to Iowa and that you measure our success based on whether or not we beat Iowa. Beating Iowa once every 4 years as you say isn't going to make us equal.

My perception of the team is based on what they do over the course of an entire season, not one game.
Generally, I agree, but you can't have the series be this one sided. Eventually that becomes a problem. All I'm saying is we are approaching that territory IMO. You feel otherwise. That's your right.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
This morning was the moment win or lose I stop caring about the rivalry. It has no impact on the rest of the season, or anyone’s perception of our program. It never has, it’s just a fun non con to get excited about before the important games start happening.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So, if we win once in the next two years you will forget all this? Because that would be once every 4 years on average.

Reactions: aauummm

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I'll leave it at this. As a 35+ year fan of ISU going back to Duncan, I'd be THRILLED if we won 6-9 games every year and could beat Iowa 1 out of 4. I lived through the 15 year drought and it sure as hell wasn't fun. We are headed that way at this point. Gotta get it figured out before it's too late.

I understand.......but too late for what? We have been playing Oklahoma in the same conference longer than Iowa. Our drought against them was MUCH, MUCH, MUCH longer than 15 years. We beat them in 1961.....1990....2017 and last year. Correct me if I am wrong....but that's 4 times in 60 years. And that is a conference foe. I don't hear anyone blubbering and moaning like this when we lose to them. And those games against OU, thanks to CMC all of sudden mean something! People need to let this obsession with Iowa go. I would love to beat them every time but like I said in a previous post. I don't want to go back to where one Saturday afternoon in September defines the season.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
I understand.......but too late for what? We have been playing Oklahoma in the same conference longer than Iowa. Our drought against them was MUCH, MUCH, MUCH longer than 15 years. We beat them in 1961.....1990....2017 and last year. Correct me if I am wrong....but that's 4 times in 60 years. And that is a conference foe. I don't hear anyone blubbering and moaning like this when we lose to them. And those games against OU, thanks to CMC all of sudden mean something! People need to let this obsession with Iowa go. I would love to beat them every time but like I said in a previous post. I don't want to go back to where one Saturday afternoon in September defines the season.
Yep. **** Iowa!

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
So, if we win once in the next two years you will forget all this? Because that would be once every 4 years on average.

Sure....

Any win would help. They seem to be few and far between lately for those of us that think it matters for the health of the programs. Now, more than ever, is not a time to look like 2nd class citizens within our own state given the potential ramifications of what's happening in college athletics.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I get it and again generally agree. My only point is you have to beat your rival occasionally in the larger scope or you won't be considered peers at the same level. Feel free to disagree, but if you do, you can't gripe when the local and natl pundits downplay ISU as a result. Can't have it both ways.

• Winner
Reactions: MisterO

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sure....

Any win would help. They seem to be few and far between lately for those of us that think it matters for the health of the programs. Now, more than ever, is not a time to look like 2nd class citizens within our own state given the potential ramifications of what's happening in college athletics.
Lol. So you’re a hawk fan who’s so enamored with beating ISU you’re drumming up this mantra so hardcore so you can further get your sick jollies? Weird dude. Hawk fan so it makes sense. But damn weird.

Reactions: BCClone

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
Why though? We need to have good seasons, but if those good seasons all have us losing to Iowa why does that matter?
Beating your rival matters. No one is saying let’s lose everything but the iowa game. Of course the overall season matters the most, but beating your rival matters. To say otherwise is just lying to yourself.

Case in point- Kayden Proctor was at Iowa State yesterday on a recruiting visit. The SEP kid is the #5 player in the entire country. How do we sell ourselves and our offensive line to him with that kind of performance? We’re lucky to just have a kid of that caliber in our campus- when we do, we need to perform. Not shrug our shoulders like a loser and say that losing to iowa doesn’t really matter. That’s a lie. Beating your rival matters- and they’re killing us right now.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Lol. So you’re a hawk fan who’s so enamored with beating ISU you’re drumming up this mantra so hardcore so you can further get your sick jollies? Weird dude. Hawk fan so it makes sense. But damn weird.

When you and Twins are done fellating each other long enough to have a civil conversation, let the rest of us on this board know please.

Thanks,
CF Community

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Beating your rival matters. No one is saying let’s lose everything but the iowa game. Of course the overall season matters the most, but beating your rival matters. To say otherwise is just lying to yourself.

Case in point- Kayden Proctor was at Iowa State yesterday on a recruiting visit. The SEP kid is the #5 player in the entire country. How do we sell ourselves and our offensive line to him with that kind of performance? We’re lucky to just have a kid of that caliber in our campus- when we do, we need to perform. Not shrug our shoulders like a loser and say that losing to iowa doesn’t really matter. That’s a lie. Beating your rival matters- and they’re killing us right now.
Thank you. Agree wholeheartedly. At some point it starts to matter. We are reaching that threshold again.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
When you and Twins are done fellating each other long enough to have a civil conversation, let the rest of us on this board know please.

Thanks,
CF Community
You, sir, speak not for the CF Community. Cease and desist this claim immediately.

Reactions: aauummm

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
We've now lost:

3 in a row in MBB
5 in a row in WBB
15 in a row in Wrestling
6 in a row in FB

On the positive side, we've won

13 in a row (furthers back I could go) in Men's Cross Country
11 in a row in Women's Cross Country

I'm sure most are like me and don't give a poo about CC though.

Ugh. Have got to get this ship righted. Hoping BB teams can pull it off this year and get some momentum in the other direction. Not sure if/when FB or Wrestling will win again.
WBB and wrestling are irrelevant. Might as well include bowling.

Football and basketball are embarrassing. But MBB just went 2-20 and was totally demolished as a program under Prohm , so what the record is against Iowa isn’t particularly noteworthy

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
Beating Iowa once every 4 years as you say isn't going to make us equal.
Beating them 3 out of 4 years for the next 20 years will…why concede anything to our rival? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

We need to kick them in their nuts every chance we get…and then turn around and kick them right in the nuts again. There is no other way to view your rival unless you’re happy to take a backseat to them. I’m not- and I hope no Cyclone fans is either.

Reactions: werdnamanhill

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Beating them 3 out of 4 years for the next 20 years will…why concede anything to our rival? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

We need to kick them in their nuts every chance we get…and then turn around and kick them right in the nuts again. There is no other way to view your rival unless you’re happy to take a backseat to them. I’m not- and I hope no Cyclone fans is either.
You MUST be a Hawk fan for your opinion on this matter. Shame on you playing these mental gymnastics on this board..

;)