Snyder vs Leavitt at K-State

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This is a really tough spot. They'll likely only get one shot on this to get it right, since Bill isn't coming back to rescue the program again. If it goes south, mediocre might be their ceiling for a while. There's something to be said for continuity, but if I can hire a proven, known name, that's the direction I'd be going unless everything I knew about his son was impressing the hell out of me.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and cyfan21

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm just excited for KSU to go back to the basement where they belong.
They can be above Baylor. Actually in all honesty, I root for all the Big 8 schools in the Big 12 now before the newbies. ISU first and foremost, and I have a mutual fondness/respect for KState and Okie State after that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kind of makes you wonder if they already know what his answer to a potential K State offer would be.
Could be.
Barring anything ridiculous Dabo will be the next Alabama coach, and maybe Brent wants to stay at Clemson.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyballzz

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
They can be above Baylor. Actually in all honesty, I root for all the Big 8 schools in the Big 12 now before the newbies. ISU first and foremost, and I have a mutual fondness/respect for KState and Okie State after that.

The only one I root for from the new Big 12 schools is TCU. That's only because I live here and have met some very good TCU people. All others can rot.

Reactions: LindenCy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The only one I root for from the new Big 12 schools is TCU. That's only because I live here and have met some very good TCU people. All others can rot.
You know Ace then? He went to ISU and then moved down there.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Could be.
Barring anything ridiculous Dabo will be the next Alabama coach, and maybe Brent wants to stay at Clemson.

Dabo as the successor to Saban seems a forgone conclusion and lets be honest... Clemson or Kansas State is a pretty easy decision

I'll admit I could be entirely off base as I agree K State's first call should be to Venables (K State guy, good damn coach). Just makes you think because they were evidently way down the road with Leavitt and Venbables has been a known commodity for years.

• Winner
Reactions: JP4CY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think they could get someone with NFL coaching experience. This guy, for example:
prince-article-072514.jpg

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I agree, though ISU benefits from other programs being down.

Contrary to my view of economics, when it comes to regional rivals and conference rivals, college football is a zero sum game in some aspects. It's fairly rare that you see a team really rise without seeing them suck the air out of neighboring programs to at least an extent. I'm for sucking their air out if we can.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I agree, though ISU benefits from other programs being down.

Contrary to my view of economics, when it comes to regional rivals and conference rivals, college football is a zero sum game in some aspects. It's fairly rare that you see a team really rise without seeing them suck the air out of neighboring programs to at least an extent. I'm for sucking their air out if we can.
I would be okay with ISU doing this to UofI, KSU and kNU.

latest