Similac formula recall

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
My nephew has Tetralogy of Fallot which is ultra rare (same thing Jimmy Kimmels kid has) and has to be on specialty formula. They were in a position where they actually debated going to the hospital just to try and get some of his formula.

He’s about to go into his second major heart surgery at less than a year and it wild to me that they have to stress about feeding him. He literally just got done feeding from an IV through a feeding tube after months.

They’re on WIC because of the medical bills and evidently WIC recipients need certain brands and certain sizes to qualify which is crazy to begin with. They couldn’t even find the **** outright to buy without the WIC. I can’t imagine WIC recipients trying to find formula in this climate when there’s no option for them to pay outright.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Probably like blood. I spend an hour every few months and who knows what they resell it at.

Yeah there were a couple companies that would pay you and then repackage with stuff added but I went through a local organization that did like blood testing and pasteurization for regional hospital nicu patients "free" though I'm sure it's wrapped up in nicu costs. Google says I've missed out on $3-5k o_O

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Also donated for NICU when oldest born. They stuck him in there with low glucose and he was a giant compared to other babies, 7 lb, 6 oz. They gave him some special formula right after birth for the low glucose and he became too lazy to nurse. Had to pump for him in hospital and he wasn’t taking much but wanted to make sure my milk would be enough for him when he was nursing and other babies needed it. It was heartbreaking, one mother distraught with her little premie twins and one of them died. She was understandably heartbroken and her milk kind of fizzled out. We felt incredibly stupid in there with our giant baby with slightly low glucose.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Also donated for NICU when oldest born. They stuck him in there with low glucose and he was a giant compared to other babies, 7 lb, 6 oz. They gave him some special formula right after birth for the low glucose and he became too lazy to nurse. Had to pump for him in hospital and he wasn’t taking much but wanted to make sure my milk would be enough for him when he was nursing and other babies needed it. It was heartbreaking, one mother distraught with her little premie twins and one of them died. She was understandably heartbroken and her milk kind of fizzled out. We felt incredibly stupid in there with our giant baby with slightly low glucose.
Yeah, ours was a month early but still like 6 lbs ( I know I should remember the weight exactly, ugh) . He as doing well but then his temperature was dropping and not coming back up so they took him. He also had a tube in his nose for 24 hours, spent about 5 days in there.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Yeah there were a couple companies that would pay you and then repackage with stuff added but I went through a local organization that did like blood testing and pasteurization for regional hospital nicu patients "free" though I'm sure it's wrapped up in nicu costs. Google says I've missed out on $3-5k o_O

Whatever you do don't post on Craigslist/FB Marketplace trying to sell it/give it away. Had a friend in Wichita that did that and it brought out all the weirdos.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Whatever you do don't post on Craigslist/FB Marketplace trying to sell it/give it away. Had a friend in Wichita that did that and it brought out all the weirdos.
I feel bad that i did lol thinking about what you posted.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Yeah excuses for what? Not surprising that some people have no clue. Maybe it's @carvers4math's drunk BIL.
Sounds like him but even though he is in IT, I don’t think he is technologically adept enough for CF. He got the job because they still use COBOL. And when he called me the second time, he couldn’t figure out how to read my text and talk on the phone at the same time.:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836 and MJ29

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Yeah, ours was a month early but still like 6 lbs ( I know I should remember the weight exactly, ugh) . He as doing well but then his temperature was dropping and not coming back up so they took him. He also had a tube in his nose for 24 hours, spent about 5 days in there.
Yep, they did the nose tube with our son too but just the first day. Makes the pictures fabulous.

• Friendly
Reactions: simply1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
There was a Netflix show that got into this. Bodybuilders who buy it to drink. :eek:

Bingo. That was at least one of the offers. I think it was like $500 for a couple of minutes drinking directly from the source or something like that. IMO that is edging up on prostitution but I am far from a lawyer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron