Should Randy Peterson retire?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Put him to pasture?

• Yes!

Votes: 459 85.5%
  • No!

Votes: 48 8.9%
  • Who?

Votes: 30 5.6%

• Total voters

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Fails to say that the band was forcing and pushing their way through the crowd. Makes it sounds like cyclone fans did all the pushing.

Attachments

• CA36A158-87BA-40D0-981E-9A56708F29B8.jpeg
    CA36A158-87BA-40D0-981E-9A56708F29B8.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Winner
Reactions: kentkel

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don' t know, watching Pollard tear down his dumbass question was kind of entertaining.

Imagine if we had a guy like Gundy at our program. Randy wouldve been on the receiving end of a rant or twelve by now

Reactions: NWICY

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
During this press conference he wondered if there was crowd control issues at ISU by bringing up a student's space heater that caught his tent on fire outside of Hilton when in line for the KU bball game.

It was so fun watching Jaime verbally destroy him.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
He can stay with the pos DMR, but ISU should stop doing business with him.

The only way the DMR Sports makes money is by being a glorified fan site. See Chad’s hard on for the Hawks. If they won’t stop biting the hand that feeds them, we should stop feeding them.

Honestly the DMReg should just subcontract out its ISU coverage to CF.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Honestly the DMReg should just subcontract out its ISU coverage to CF.

I would hate to see CF change, but I have privately hoped the journalists on here end up replacing clowns like Peterson at some point. Who would be a better choice?

That would just (1.) have to be the desire of CW and etc., because working there is going to be very different than basically having their own shop and (2.) not lead to them losing their "voice" in the process. I have worked for a mom-and-pop of <20 employees and a large corporation. There are huge differences and differing cultures from the environment alone.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Will Randy P ask a question to Campbell during this weeks presser about the presser that just took place?

Yes/No

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The issue with Randy is that he got "stuck" covering Iowa State. The beat writers used to rotate every couple of years but now the Register has their daily Iowa knob polishing and we got stuck with the senile beat writer that just can't possibly put a positive spin on anything... I swear the crazy f***** goes out of his way to crap on Iowa State

• Agree
Reactions: irish

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Quote from RP's article on this because I knew it would be a piece of ****.

"Pollard chastised the Iowa band for failing to exit from the open east exit and instead exited through a crowded west gate with "thousands" of people. "

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

"Pollard chastised the Iowa band for failing to exit from the open east exit and instead exited through a crowded west gate with "thousands" of people. "

Which is also funny that one of Iowa’s “5 points” was that the band director for Iowa and the ISU Ops director got in a verbal confrontation. GEE, I wonder what that was about?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Lol, why is there double quotations around thousands? Theres no doubt thousands, in a stadium of tens of thousands of people, were trying to exit at the same time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am assuming that on his small market **** pay he can't afford to retire. Seriously, how much can a part time hack in a struggling media earn in real American dollars?

• Winner
Reactions: irish

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Which is also funny that one of Iowa’s “5 points” was that the band director for Iowa and the ISU Ops director got in a verbal confrontation. GEE, I wonder what that was about?
Same with the Iowa band member berating security for net letting them in the Iowa State locker room.

Combine this with the Iowa band steamrolling fans with a ladder, and it’s clear the Iowa band’s behavior should be investigated.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Same with the Iowa band member berating security for net letting them in the Iowa State locker room.

Combine this with the Iowa band steamrolling fans with a ladder, and it’s clear the Iowa band’s behavior should be investigated.

Yes. We already know what hok fans do once they get inside ISU facilities. People end up missing their ****. That security guard should get a promotion.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
During this press conference he wondered if there was crowd control issues at ISU by bringing up a student's space heater that caught his tent on fire outside of Hilton when in line for the KU bball game.
giphy.gif

Where's the crowd control?!?!?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Maybe this will be the last straw for Randy. Pollard is going to lose his mind when he reads this.