Shapiro

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Does anyone know what his weight is? After listening to Coach KD's comments I'm wondering if he wouldn't be better at 184. He had a impressive RS year at 184. I'm not saying he could/would beat out Colbray. I also know Broderson is looking also really good at 184 and KD makes some very praising comments about him. I'm just wondering if Shapiro might be battling for 184 next year should Sam decide to move up. It is nice to see this type of depth and I realize that Shapiro and Broderson are both young.

With that said, I hope he has a breakout tourney at the Schuffle.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Does anyone know what his weight is? After listening to Coach KD's comments I'm wondering if he wouldn't be better at 184. He had a impressive RS year at 184. I'm not saying he could/would beat out Colbray. I also know Broderson is looking also really good at 184 and KD makes some very praising comments about him. I'm just wondering if Shapiro might be battling for 184 next year should Sam decide to move up. It is nice to see this type of depth and I realize that Shapiro and Broderson are both young.

With that said, I hope he has a breakout tourney at the Schuffle.

last I heard, he was low 200’s

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
I think Shapiros best long term option is 97. Just my option but he had trouble with the more athletic 84s last year. He needs to add size and strength like most young guys in the upper weights.

• Agree
Reactions: buf87

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think Broderson goes 184 next year & Shapiro & Colbray at 197 next year

cyguy2170

Nov 10, 2013
In interview after colbrays freshman year the coaching staff said the body fat test said colbray could cut to 165. Not saying he will but I remember that

cyclonenation5

Jul 12, 2013
Ames
In interview after colbrays freshman year the coaching staff said the body fat test said colbray could cut to 165. Not saying he will but I remember that

My worry is that it ends up like the Dane Pestano experiment at 165. It’s not a matter of getting down to the weight, but being an effective wrestler at the weight.

Obviously Colbray is more talented, but every weight is different in style and speed.

Anyway, putting the cart in front of the horse. This hasn’t even happened yet.