Shakur Juiston on njcaatv.com tonight

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
We should worry about Barnes talking to Juiston if he was also considering UNC. Be he's not, and I guarantee Barnes isn't lobbying for KU. Nothing to see here.
Well, he did choose UNC over both ;)

I think it's great that Barnes is around the program, even if tangentially

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
I wonder if Juiston feels KU can make him their guy. Yes, going to KU would pair you with 5 star guards and wings... but won't those guys need the ball for their egos? (I really do like Josh Jackson, he was the phenom but knew it was Frank's team) Self loves his bigs but they seem to be more the glue to the team than the stars. I just don't know that they could offer the same type of role we could. Starter, impact guy, potentially a/the leader of the team with Donovan. And yes, I realize there are some assumptions being made with this post.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I have no reason to doubt this, but are you sure? Thought I had heard he always wanted to play for North Carolina, that was his favorite growing up, but I might be confusing it with Marcus Paige. Regardless, lets hope Barnes was putting in good words for ISU.

You skeptical? No way. Paige was a UNC fan growing up. Barnes was thought to be going to Duke by many.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Like I've said I'd be very surprised if SJ committed during his visit..just doesnt happen with this caliber of player this late in game. His coach has said he's going to take all his visits.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Just a gut feeling but if Juiston gets out of Ames with no sign of commitment, he is KU's to lose.
Nah, I don't think so. Most kids just like to gather as much info as they can and take all their visits. There is no rush to him making a decision so no reason to feel like he has to make a decision on the spot. I think ISU offers the best chance for him to play a significant amount of important minutes, which is probably important for a guy with only two years left.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Ha who is KUs current 6th and 7th man next year? Just want to understand how you don't feel Juiston would be an instand impact player there. Please do share how KUs bench is currently "stacked"
Who KU's 6th & 7th man are depends entirely on who KU signs with their last scholarship. They could sign a player that would start, a first off the bench caliber player or a sit out transfer. Who knows. Instant impact guys to me are starters and right now I do not believe that Juiston would be in the lead for a starting position at KU next year over Preston. Or maybe both he and the coaching staff feel that he is and he chooses to go to KU and I am wrong about his ability to be an impact guy right now. I would be 100% cool with that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron