Sean Shaw drop off?

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I know at the end of the season last year Sean Shaw was developing into quite a weapon. I was super excited for him going into this season. I know he has played this year, but I am not even sure if he has a catch yet. I am not sure what happened but I hope he gets more involved soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: HouClone

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
He has made a couple of nice blocks that sprung big runs, but agreed haven't seen a ton of production yet.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
We’re only two games in...if he hasn’t produced by game 5 start to worry.

Reactions: Bigman38

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm not saying this is the case.... but last year he was trying to make a name for himself.... and this year it almost looks like he doesn't think he has to prove anything anymore. He's had at least two drops that Purdy put right on him.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Most of his production last year came when we were in or near the red zone and Brock could just throw it high if needed and Shawn would go up and get it.

We haven't haven't a ton of red zone chances in the first two games and it could be that when we are there that other teams know to key on him.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and CyCloned

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm not saying this is the case.... but last year he was trying to make a name for himself.... and this year it almost looks like he doesn't think he has to prove anything anymore. He's had at least two drops that Purdy put right on him.

With that being said.... none of our WRs have been playing well.... so there is that.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I don’t know if it’s by design or just Purdy but there was a ton of forcing the ball to Hutch in the first game. Against TCU there was a noticeable improvement in spreading the ball around. I hope and expect that trend to continue

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don’t know if it’s by design or just Purdy but there was a ton of forcing the ball to Hutch in the first game. Against TCU there was a noticeable improvement in spreading the ball around. I hope and expect that trend to continue
Yeah, I enjoyed seeing the hyped Jo Scates get some game time action. He's fast. Also, I know he just had one short catch, but liked what I saw from Daniel Jackson

Reactions: Bader

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Yeah, I enjoyed seeing the hyped Jo Scates get some game time action. He's fast. Also, I know he just had one short catch, but liked what I saw from Daniel Jackson

I think it is going to take a little time for all of the new guys and Brock to get on the same page, but I like what I am seeing in terms of ability from the young guys. They need to clean up some route running issues and be a little more physical at the LOS.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
We had several receivers that required double coverage last season. Guys like Shaw are probably still adjusting to this.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron