***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I’m “wailing” about the incident because @NoCreativity and others have been lying about what happened and then some have even doubled down on it.
We weren't lying about anything. We had opinions based upon the facts that were known at the time exactly like the rest of you who supported him. Now that more facts have came out my opinion has shifted.

I dont know how that constitutes lying.

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson and CPG4ISU

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We weren't lying about anything. We had opinions based upon the facts that were known at the time exactly like the rest of you who supported him. Now that more facts have came out my opinion has shifted.

I dont know how that constitutes lying.
Can you answer this? Thanks:
Can you link what "victory I declared?"

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Can you answer this? Thanks:
I said I was wrong. What else do you want me to say?

You guys acted right away Friday morning that you were either the cop or Scottie Scheffler himself when you didn't have any more facts than I did.

I've seen many situations where it was indeed the person's fault why the police escalated. This doesn't appear from the video to be one of those times so I was wrong.

Reactions: CPG4ISU and Cyhig

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I said I was wrong. What else do you want me to say?

You guys acted right away Friday morning that you were either the cop or Scottie Scheffler himself when you didn't have any more facts than I did.
I said you didn't appear to be having a good experience in this thread.
You said I "declared victory."
I'm asking you where I did that. Can you show me?

(BTW: You know, me saying at the time that you weren't having a good experience was just looking out for you.)

• Dumb
Reactions: CPG4ISU

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I have been quite clear on my stance, and this doesn't change it other than confirming the cop is a bad cop. I have been a firm believer the facts will always come out at the end. But all of the facts are never known just hours after the incident occurs to the point where people can make accurate conclusions.

I have said numerous times that the cop indeed could be a very bad cop. I simply wanted to see what made the officer react the way he did. That was the missing piece to the story, and it is a very large component to any case. That's why a court case will always lay the foundation of all the events that led up to the final act.

So now that we can see the full story of the events and in video form where people can see for their own eyes, yes, the cop is a bad cop.
I do not believe it is unfair or incorrect or unreasonable or naïve or [insert any other negative/condescending description] to reserve a tiny bit of judgement until “all” possible facts have come out. Certainly, like most here, it certainly felt like the evidence we did have up until today made it feel crazy overblown and malpractice by the cops. The video today does not show us anything different.

But I too would like to know why the cop did what he did. You just never know what someone is going through, what is in their head at any given moment. Maybe he really did just lash out and demonstrate terrible cop behavior that has become such a stain on law enforcement. Maybe he really thought (for some reason) that he needed to act tough or take a crazy hard stance or whatever. Doesn’t make it “right” but there’s just so much nuance to these situations and reactions and behaviors, and take that x100 on a rainy early morning where someone was just killed in an auto accident down the street.

With that said - All in all - it’s STILL not too late to just let this thing go, drop the charges, and everyone move on.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I have been quite clear on my stance, and this doesn't change it other than confirming the cop is a bad cop. I have been a firm believer the facts will always come out at the end. But all of the facts are never known just hours after the incident occurs to the point where people can make accurate conclusions.

I have said numerous times that the cop indeed could be a very bad cop. I simply wanted to see what made the officer react the way he did. That was the missing piece to the story, and it is a very large component to any case. That's why a court case will always lay the foundation of all the events that led up to the final act.

So now that we can see the full story of the events and in video form where people can see for their own eyes, yes, the cop is a bad cop.

The cop shouldn't be fired for this in my opinion but charges dropped with an apology of "sorry, we overreacted" is fine.

But the bigger issue continues to be police reports being inaccurate or greatly exaggerated with the actual facts. Read the police report and watch this video - night and day difference.

Last edited:

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Apparently the "dragging" happens earlier. This is just the end of the interaction.

Reactions: CPG4ISU

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
So, nobody in that entire "SWAT team" that surrounded the vehicle had their cameras on?

Reactions: Bigman38

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Seems like it went from 0 to 100 real fast, but you also can’t see the entirety of the interaction. Weird situation.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If Officer Gillis was actually dragged ten yards, why didn’t any of the many officers in the area react?
6223c748-645e-491a-bf94-f560e285c29b_text.gif

Reactions: DurangoCy

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I would normally think this doesn't end well for the PD but I bet Scheffler just wants it to go away and won't pursue too much.
Seems like a guy that doesn't want that attention.
His team stated upfront that they aren't interested in a plea deal and will take it to court if charges aren't dropped. Wonder how committed he is to that.

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
So, nobody in that entire "SWAT team" that surrounded the vehicle had their cameras on?

All I’d trust from the police here are those videos being the two that made the cop look the best. Anything that showed more I’m sure was “lost” or “not turned on”

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Yeah, I assume this is all going to depend on witnesses.

If the only interaction that happened is what occurred on the video, then the police officer seemed to have overreacted. However, it seems likely that something else happened. If the officer did direct him to stop prior, and fell or got knocked down because Scottie refused to stop, then got up and ran after him, that seems like a pretty reasonable response for the police officer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron