***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I'd be very surprised if there was an apology. That's basically admitting wrongdoing and asking for a lawsuit.
Yeah they’re not going to apologize. They shouldn’t either as that would be admitting fault and open themselves up to a lawsuit.

I am surprised the charges haven’t been dropped yet. Feel like that is inevitable.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If you’re dropping the charges, you are basically admitting wrongdoing anyway.

The DA wants a media event to highlight the stupidity of the Louisville Police Department and the incompetence shown by their Office and is holding an unnecessary hearing?

Smart thing to do is drop charges. Apologize. Label it as a misunderstanding. And announce a full report will follow but you have done a preliminary investigation and charges are dropped.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
The DA wants a media event to highlight the stupidity of the Louisville Police Department and the incompetence shown by their Office and is holding an unnecessary hearing?

Smart thing to do is drop charges. Apologize. Label it as a misunderstanding. And announce a full report will follow but you have done a preliminary investigation and charges are dropped.
Agree 100%. From a PR perspective, yes, apologize to Scottie with Scottie and cameras present.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Yeah, I get what other people are saying as far as apologies admits the mistakes, but if Scottie isn't looking to soak them for it, they may come to an understanding that a public apology will prevent a lawsuit.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Louisville's mayor said there was a fixed camera across the street from the incident and footage from it will be released in coming days.

I apologize if this has already been posted. I haven't read all 25 pages.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
I believe Scottie that he was confused at what he was supposed to do. I can put myself in that situation and can see myself doing the same thing he did. I also think the police officer overreacted. BUT, if it were me or anyone in this thread in this very same situation, charges would probably eventually be dropped but not after countless hours of courtroom continuances and thousands spent on lawyers. This would be a thorn in your side and a huge hit on your bank account for months if not years. All because a police officer couldn’t just access the situation, reprimand, and let the person pass by.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Based on what I have read, if the DA lets this go to court, they will get crushed.

It would be crazy/tragic that one of golf's "good guys" ended up in jail somehow over this (especially with a newborn son). I doubt it gets there, but it is possible.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Based on what I have read, if the DA lets this go to court, they will get crushed.

It would be crazy/tragic that one of golf's "good guys" ended up in jail somehow over this (especially with a newborn son). I doubt it gets there, but it is possible.
From the accounts available, the natural confusion that can arise in such a situation, and the fact that he can afford any lawyer in the world, I cannot see any chance that he'd end up in jail.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Louisville presser was a bunch of nothing. Cop didn't turn on his body cam. Got his hand slapped for that. Have two videos (one from a pole camera, and one from a cruiser), sounds like they are releasing those to the press, though I haven't seen anything yet. Wouldn't address anything else.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Louisville presser was a bunch of nothing. Cop didn't turn on his body cam. Got his hand slapped for that. Have two videos (one from a pole camera, and one from a cruiser), sounds like they are releasing those to the press, though I haven't seen anything yet. Wouldn't address anything else.

Penalty for not wearing a seat belt is probably greater than what the cop received for not having body cam on.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yep, I'm guessing he got a piece of paper put in his file, and if he does something similar 47 more times, he might be fired.

And just get another job in a suburb. Pretty much the standard here in the Twin Cities. Lot's of officers with checkered history just get rehired somewhere else. My city fired several officers in the last couple of years after an investigation into racism and all just got jobs in nearly suburbs.