Sci Fi remakes

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Judging by the Last Jedi thread we've got some Enemy Mine fans here. I'd love to see it updated.

Which got me thinking;

Dune is due for a reboot (big screen).

If you dig Enemy Mine you're old enough to remember The Black Hole. I rewatched it a couple years ago and it was turrible (LOVED it as a kid though)...but the story is great and pretty dark and could lend itself to a very dark retelling. HUGE potential.

Reactions: GTO and CYCLNST8

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I heard they were remaking Blade Runner. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I'd love to see a good version of I-Robot that was truer to the book.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I always wished they had made a sequel to "Willow." Or maybe a spinoff for Madmartigan.
that's a good one. It's be hard to find a Sorsha hotter than Joanne Whaley, though.

Screen-Shot-2015-06-06-at-11.30.02-AM.png

She was fine as hell.

latest

yes indeed. Take that, Brienne of Tarth.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
These are the ones I would love to see remakes for:

The Last Starfighter
Enemy Mine
Laserblast
The Black Hole
A Boy and his Dog
Scanners
Creature - relatively unknown, but very creepy
Lifeforce

• Agree
Reactions: Buster28

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
These are the ones I would love to see remakes for:

The Last Starfighter
Enemy Mine
Laserblast
The Black Hole
A Boy and his Dog
Scanners
Creature - relatively unknown, but very creepy
Lifeforce

Creature, as in the 1985 film starring Klaus Kinski, Wendy Schaal, and Ferris Bueller's dad? Good stuff!

• Winner
Reactions: GTO

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Wouldn't be a good "I Wish" scifi thread without the wish for a reboot or sequel to Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension. I always wanted to see the Hong Kong Cowboys duke it out with the World Crime League.

Reactions: TykeClone and GTO

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Videodrome would be a cool remake with new special effects, but not sure anyone could match James Woods' performance.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Big Rec for Last Starfighter and Enemy Mine. Those were two of my staples as a kid, even though they are pretty wooden. But decent storylines to both, could be way better done now.

How about Flash Gordon? The one from the 80s was frankly, supercheesy, at best. But you could redo it, make it legitimate, yet still keep it a little tongue in cheek and have fun with it. Maybe a GOTG kind of feel.

Reactions: GTO

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Yep, that's the one!

Not that anyone is going to be rushing out to watch this online, but it's also listed under the title "Titan Find." Don't know why they gave it an alternate title so many years after the initial theatrical release, but whatever.

Another one that could be redone (and probably improved greatly, but the possibility seems remote) was called "Horror Planet," later renamed "Inseminoid" for video. Another one of those alien-critter-chase-n-kill-type flicks. With a budget and decent directing/editing, it could be made into something a lot more interesting. And in not the so-bad-it's-good way. I still watch it when I see it, though.