Rogers, Tribune, and Lynn

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
Anyone remember Leonard Johnson getting burned all against Oklahoma state a few years ago. He ended up pretty good.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Jesus, Tribune wasnt that bad. The first play he gave a cushion the exact same way Watson and Richardson give up and made the same play Watson would have. The second play was perfect coverage, bad call. The third play he got beat and grabbed the receiver, probably like he was taught to do. If you watched the Texas game last year, you saw Richardson get absolutely burnt by Davis. The staff probably didn't want that to happen again, so they told the corners to grab if they get beat deep.

Uhmm, it was pretty bad. Not that he wouldn't have burned somebody else.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
This is true, but I wish we would have given Tribune some help from the safety when he came into the game. Rhoads had to know that Texas was going to pick on him. Everyone in the stadium and watching on TV knew it. Tribune needed some help over the top from the safety, but instead he was on an island against Texas' best WR. Not a smart coaching decision by any means. I felt bad for the kid. Hope he learns from it.

I agree it was a coaching blunder. I kept hoping they'd call a timeout to stop the bleeding and get something figured out but no dice. Texas went fast 4 plays in a row and just threw at Tribune.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron