RIP Prince

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Glad I was able to see him perform live many years ago in Hilton.

I worked security that concert. Helped with a Sheila E photo shoot first, got to go backstage, his chef made us dinner and got a "Lovesexy" T-shirt. Kind of a different concert to say the least.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
One of my favorite guitar solos.

Always loved that video. He rocks it and seriously...how pimp is that outfit?

My step sister and her family live just a couple miles away from Paisley Park. She tells me that he put on parties for the locals quite often. Strange strange dude, but I give him props for staying true to the area.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Super lost talent, never saw him live but was planning on any close top for 'Hit & Run' Tour.... Probably one of the most underrated guitar players of all time....

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
I love Kevin Smith's story about shooting a video for Prince one time. Pretty crazy.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Super lost talent, never saw him live but was planning on any close top for 'Hit & Run' Tour.... Probably one of the most underrated guitar players of all time....

I don't think he was underrated. Everyone was aware of his incredible musical talent unless they live under a rock.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Glad I was able to see him perform live many years ago in Hilton.

I worked security that concert. Helped with a Sheila E photo shoot first, got to go backstage, his chef made us dinner and got a "Lovesexy" T-shirt. Kind of a different concert to say the least.
I saw him at Hilton long ago as well. I'm not a big fan but had some friends that wanted to go.

Yes, it was a different concert, more like a Broadway show or something.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I love Kevin Smith's story about shooting a video for Prince one time. Pretty crazy.

So funny. You can tell that Smith is just so confused about the entire experience. He does a great job telling that story.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron