RIP Eddie Sutton

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Sad. He played high school football against my grandpa in western Kansas back in the early 50s. RIP, he was a great coach.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I lived in Arkansas when he had 'the Tripletts' squad. Eddie was a great coach. He probably lived to regret his "crawl to Kentucky" comments though.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'd take that in a heartbeat.
Fer-sure, fer-sure.

If converted to a 10-year span (rounded to nearest whole number), it's:
Appearances: 8
Sweet 16: 5
Elite 8: 2
Final Four: 2

Iowa State’s best 10-year stretches:
’92-’01:
Appearances: 7
Sweet 16: 2
Elite 8: 1
Final Four: 0

’11-’20 (or '10 to '19, same #s):
Appearances: 7
Sweet 16: 2
Elite 8: 0
Final Four: 0

--> Not saying those are "bad" stretches by any means, but the Sutton pace is definite next-level.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
K-State up at halftime. Eddie walks out wearin' that nasty ass face. Pokes come out the second half and destroy the Cats. Eddie's look never changes. Fabulous coach. RIP Sir!