Recruits & Transfers

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Just saw this on FB

The Wrestling Room

Quentin Everman · tdorpesoSn8m17lg0lc4m2lf8521120140g13g2mm419a658cu5a32fci206 ·

https://www.facebook.com/#
Start to swirl pretty hard that Nic Bouzakis is being persuaded to transfer to Iowa, he’s not even in the transfer portal.
I am all for NIL and athletes making the money they deserve especially in wrestling, but at some point schools have to be held accountable for having “friends of the program” contact athletes who aren’t even in the portal.
Can’t see it what’s it say

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I'm relieved about the Ferrari news.

You hear crazy crazy stories about them from people who have been around them, and they've been to about 10 different high schools between the 3 of them. When AJ's accusations came to light, on every article and post there were girls in the comments that had a bad story about him.

I am a little surprised Iowa would take that big of a risk on them. I do think the hawkeyes that graduated last year were pretty straight edge, and while they fell short last year, did bring them a national title.

Last edited:

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA

You hear crazy crazy stories about them from people who have been around them, and they've been to about 10 different high schools between the 3 of them. When AJ's accusations came to light, on every article and post there were girls in the comments that had a bad story about him.

I am a little surprised Iowa would take that big of a risk on them. I do think the hawkeyes that graduated last year was pretty straight edge, and while they fell short last year, did bring them a national title.
It was always in the back of my mind how AJ and Anthony might impact the team culture that David has helped build. I still think Angelo would be a hell of an addition and think he would be a great addition for the 2024 class

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
It was always in the back of my mind how AJ and Anthony might impact the team culture that David has helped build. I still think Angelo would be a hell of an addition and think he would be a great addition for the 2024 class
For sure, Angelo shouldn't pay for the sins of his older brothers. If we still have a chance at getting him that would be great, though i think it will be tough with his brother at Iowa.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I am a little surprised Iowa would take that big of a risk on them. I do think the hawkeyes that graduated last year was pretty straight edge, and while they fell short last year, did bring them a national title.
Goes to show you how desperate Iowa and Brands are to compete with PSU. This is a very high risk/high reward play that only teams make out of desperation. I hope it works out for both parties, but man it will be a miracle I feel if they stay out of trouble.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I'm just picturing what the Iowa hunting trips will be like with the Ferraris bringing fully automatic weapons along.

How long before someone's leg gets blown off?
*See Sam Stoll's knee

• Haha
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Can’t see it what’s it say
Start to swirl pretty hard that Nic Bouzakis is being persuaded to transfer to Iowa, he’s not even in the transfer portal.
I am all for NIL and athletes making the money they deserve especially in wrestling, but at some point schools have to be held accountable for having “friends of the program” contact athletes who aren’t even in the portal.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
So you can still take a Olympic Redshirt even if it is for another country?

I am pretty sure Yonger can't go back to Cuba. I am pretty sure he wants to get his green card and compete for the USA.

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
The two guys that i've heard may be transferring to Iowa are Nic Bouzakis (133) from Ohio State and John Poznanski (184) from Rutgers.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
So you can still take a Olympic Redshirt even if it is for another country?

I am pretty sure Yonger can't go back to Cuba. I am pretty sure he wants to get his green card and compete for the USA.
Here is the article with the criteria I was going off of from 2020. Also details about competing for other countries is legal

“ Three current NCAA wrestlers have already punched their tickets to Rio, with two of those athletes representing the University of Michigan and both of them currently taking an Olympic redshirt year.

Stevan Micic, a graduate student and three-time NCAA All-American, became the first athlete in history to represent Serbia in the Olympic Games when he finished fifth at the 2019 World Championships in Kazakhstan. Micic's finish qualified Serbia to compete at 57 kilograms in the Olympics. Though born in the United States, Micic has ties to Serbia on his father's side of the family and will represent the country on the Olympic stage this summer.

His teammate Myles Amine will join him in Tokyo as a member of the San Marino Olympic Team after earning his spot with a fifth-place finish. He will wrestle at 86 kilograms. Amine is also a three-time NCAA All-American and will wrestle for the country of his mother's family.”

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron