Recruits & Transfers

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Honestly it is smart of the Ferrari’s to pick the one school whose fans have shown to be completely unscrupulous. They know that the Iowa fans will defend everything they do no matter what, they have laundry list of examples of it. Such an absolute perfect union.
And they will turn around and say "Iowa haters! if he wrestled anywhere BUT Iowa they would be cheering for him!"

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Freshman at Campbell 19-20
Covid year at Campbell 20-21
Redshirt at Iowa State 21-23
Redshirt Sophomore at Iowa State 22-23

I think this is correct

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Any chance Carr is thinking about an Olympic redshirt? If so it’d make sense some sense for Swiderski to use his redshirt and fully build to 157. To that note I think Yonger technically could Olympic redshirt too as he was a U23 bronze medalist but not sure that makes much sense.

Carr is essentially the only impactful team member who would be in his last year of eligibility next season. Not sure if he has interest in waiting another year to load up for a run at a team trophy?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Any chance Carr is thinking about an Olympic redshirt? If so it’d make sense some sense for Swiderski to use his redshirt and fully build to 157. To that note I think Yonger technically could Olympic redshirt too as he was a U23 bronze medalist but not sure that makes much sense.

Carr is essentially the only impactful team member who would be in his last year of eligibility next season. Not sure if he has interest in waiting another year to load up for a run at a team trophy?
Can Yonger qualify? He is working on his green card, but doesn’t have it yet. So as of now he can’t tryout for USA Olympic team

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
And they will turn around and say "Iowa haters! if he wrestled anywhere BUT Iowa they would be cheering for him!"

There are posters on their boards right now calling people “sanctimonious” for saying they shouldn’t sign a guy who is currently facing sexual assault charges. You can’t make this stuff up.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Can Yonger qualify? He is working on his green card, but doesn’t have it yet. So as of now he can’t tryout for USA Olympic team
Unless USA wrestling plans to change their criteria, of which I couldn’t find it, the criteria should be this:
1) Past National Team members (Top 3 from the World or Olympic Team Trials)
2) Top 8 at the April 2023 Senior US Open
3) Top 3 at the 2023 NCAA Wrestling Championship; or NCAA Champion from a previous year AND top 2 from the 2023 U23 World Team Trials (must accomplish both)
4) Previous U17, U20, U23 World Medalist

Yonger has 1 or 2 medals right? Silver at Jr Worlds and Bronze U23?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Winning cures everything and Iowa is so far behind PSU right now (as is everyone else) that they’ll try anything.

Clearly developing long term guys just leads to career long injuries for them.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I guess I’m not certain on if he needs to be trying to make the US team? I remember Micic took an Olympic year to compete for Serbia.

But to that end, I’m not sure there is a point in taking the year if he doesn’t have a team to try and compete for.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I guess I’m not certain on if he needs to be trying to make the US team? I remember Micic took an Olympic year to compete for Serbia.

But to that end, I’m not sure there is a point in taking the year if he doesn’t have a team to try and compete for.
Does not have to be US team, no

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Just saw this on FB

The Wrestling Room

Quentin Everman · tdorpesoSn8m17lg0lc4m2lf8521120140g13g2mm419a658cu5a32fci206 ·

https://www.facebook.com/#
Start to swirl pretty hard that Nic Bouzakis is being persuaded to transfer to Iowa, he’s not even in the transfer portal.
I am all for NIL and athletes making the money they deserve especially in wrestling, but at some point schools have to be held accountable for having “friends of the program” contact athletes who aren’t even in the portal.

• Sad
Reactions: cyputz