Recruits & Transfers

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Nice to see a bit of a pipeline of quality guys from a quality club funneling to ISU.

Looks like the Degens are running Big Game Wrestling location in Montana?
Should be fun to see how that all develops.

Maybe mountain man Zadick will help them out from time to time.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Nice to see a bit of a pipeline of quality guys from a quality club funneling to ISU.

Looks like the Degens are running Big Game Wrestling location in Montana?
Should be fun to see how that all develops.

Maybe mountain man Zadick will help them out from time to time.
I think I remember Degen saying his plan is to go back to Montana once he's done with school here. Anyone know if he plans to help run the club out there?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Stevo Poulin to Northern Colorado. Another kid at 125 that will be right on the level of the already 8 mid-range guys.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

Flo just updated their 2024 big board. Askren's kids have been talked about on here a couple times and there are 7 Wisconsin kids on the big board. I'm not sure how many of those are from Askren's club. Would be nice to start snagging a kid or two from his club though if we could.
82Kane NaaktgeborenLinn-MarIA138HM

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Ya, let's not hope for that
I never really followed much of what went down with Zadick leaving.

I know there were some suspect interactions with Stoor and I'm guessing Metcalf coming in was an obvious harbinger that Zadick was likely not the heir apparent, but was there more going on that led to Zadick being ousted?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

I know there were some suspect interactions with Stoor and I'm guessing Metcalf coming in was an obvious harbinger that Zadick was likely not the heir apparent, but was there more going on that led to Zadick being ousted?
I think he ultimately had no idea how to play nice (or play at all) in the sandbox from what I was told.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016

IIRC there was some disagreement on recruiting tactics. I think Zadick thought that they should stop recruiting kids who had verbaled elsewhere. Eventually led to a physical altercation with another coach.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020

Just think how bad of an employee you must be to have Tom Brands fire you.

Reactions: GoldCy

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Was this about Kerkvliet?
I thought there was a big issue with the recruiting of Kerkvliet and Colton Schultz. I thought I heard Zadick told one of them that we didn't need them, that we were going to get the other. Dresser or someone on the staff was pissed and we ended up with neither.

I didn't hear this from any member of the staff or @Tigerguy_ !!!

Reactions: crablegs

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Zadick didn't play nice in the Hawk wrestling room either. He pulled some shenanigans of intentionally trying to hurt Schwab when they were vying for the same spot. Shocker!

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I thought there was a big issue with the recruiting of Kerkvliet and Colton Schultz. I thought I heard Zadick told one of them that we didn't need them, that we were going to get the other. Dresser or someone on the staff was pissed and we ended up with neither.
Wasn’t he pretty confident we’d land Schultz? And that busted. I don’t remember exactly

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

From pancake?

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
W

When the recruiting coordinator eff’s up recruiting and is insubordinate to his boss, that’s not a recipe for longevity in your position

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: csteve and buf87

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron