Recruits & Transfers

Bugjuice

Apr 6, 2022
Jefferson Iowa
Has he or coaches told you he is still growing? Was a 138/145 pounder his last 2 years of HS. Doesn’t sound like a growing kid. Not saying he won’t be a 149/157 pounder but nothing points towards it.
I understand his genetics pretty good and know why he wrestled all the different weight classes in high school, being his dad helps

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018
I think he will be all the better the bigger and stronger he gets. 157 lb. National Champion with the National champs at 149 and 165 we are looking at quite the murder's row next year. A guy can dream!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I understand his genetics pretty good and know why he wrestled all the different weight classes in high school, being his dad helps
My young son was waiting by the tunnel one of the first duals. Casey was the first one that day that came up and signed his wrestling poster. Appreciate it and he made a big fan that day.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Hey I just wanted to say thank you for raising a great young man. Was fortunate to watch as Casey took the time to speak for a short bit and sign my niece's poster along with a handful of other young fans. This was when he was going through some bumps after the injury..it would have been easy for him to become a shell and dissociate but he didn't and doing that made a lot of young wrestlers huge Casey fans that day.

Last edited:

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
The road block with Casey going up is PJ at 49. I could easily see Casey go up to 49 but PJ’s body is the perfect fit there right now. 57 is too much of a jump but if he wants a RS to heal and grow then do what’s best for Casey. I would prefer that over seeing Casey transfer, obviously. His best days as a wrestler are certainly ahead of him.
If Casey is half the competitor that I think he is the thought of transferring won't ever be trulyconsidered. It looks to me like he's in a great place with coaches who believe in him and teammates who will push him and make him better. This team has some young stars that can become legendary (think team titles). Things will work out in time.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Casey is still growing, he is not a life 141, where as Paniro is probably a lifer at 49, Casey can put on the weight to be a solid 157 pounder next season
Will make the off season competition harder as he grows through weight classes but he can do it, if not he can redshirt next season but I for one see him being a solid 157 next year.
Big fan of Casey and know he’s only hungrier than ever and going to keep getting better. Can’t wait to see his future.

My daughter is a big fan too!

5-C9-BB3-EC-8-E97-4-AD0-B398-F384-E8-B878-C7.jpg

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I think he will be all the better the bigger and stronger he gets. 157 lb. National Champion with the National champs at 149 and 165 we are looking at quite the murder's row next year. A guy can dream!
I kept beating the drum last year for Carr to go up to 165 this year. Thought he'd be better cutting less weight and hitting the weights hard. Looks like that is paying off big time and Carr looks World class again. Same goes for Casey, I hope he hits the weights hard this off season. I can't wait to see what he can do at 157 with a good off season to grow and develop even more. He could be a hammer at 157 in the future

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Iirc Barry Weldon was a 58 pounder as a freshman and won his natty at 77. It might not be the norm but it definitely happens. Cael makes his living with guys focusing on getting better instead of cutting weight.
He’s had guys wrestling the same weights their entire career. Starocci, Brooks, Retheford, Nolf, RBY will all finish their careers at the same weight they started at. PSU is not a great case study for what people are proposing.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
He’s had guys wrestling the same weights their entire career. Starocci, Brooks, Retheford, Nolf, RBY will all finish their careers at the same weight they started at. PSU is not a great case study for what people are proposing.
Retherford wrestled at 41 first year.

Starocci and brooks still have time left so we don’t know that for sure. I think there has been rumor of a bump next year. Haines to 65, Facundo 74, CStar and Brooks both up to fill in for Dean.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I didn't say Penn St., I said Cael.

He's also had guys like Varner, Backes, Taylor, Nickal, and Cassar who have moved up and had equal or greater success than they did at lower weights.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
The only thing I’ve learned about this transfer game is there’s a lot of people looking to make a change and most want to keep it dead silent until it happens.