RECRUITING: Possible visit date for Rodgerick Brown

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Okay, CF super-sleuths. Find us a few players who were academically ineligible and sat out for one year to work on their grades, potentially at a different school or a Juco. I'm thinking a player like that would be immediately eligible, since they already sat out a year, but I'm not sure.

My guess is Shaq Carter from Eastern Florida State. ISU offered back in the fall but i noticed him and Prohm recently followed each other on twitter. It's possible he's a Josh Knipfel type juco where he was a qualifier out of HS and they're trying to get him here in 2017.

That's my shot in the dark.

http://www.efsctitans.com/sports/mbkb/2016-17/bios/carter_shaq_s9vz

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
My guess is Shaq Carter from Eastern Florida State. ISU offered back in the fall but i noticed him and Prohm recently followed each other on twitter. It's possible he's a Josh Knipfel type juco where he was a qualifier out of HS and they're trying to get him here in 2017.

That's my shot in the dark.

http://www.efsctitans.com/sports/mbkb/2016-17/bios/carter_shaq_s9vz
Well this is weird. If he ends up choosing FGCU (the other school listed by Verbal Commits) his competition for playing time would be Brady Ernst.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Is it really though?

Middle Tennessee, Florida Gulf Coast, Wichita State and UAB.

That list is bad, but it's also unfair. Everyone thought he was a 2018 recruit until 2 weeks ago. As a 2018 guy, schools can wait, evaluate, and then offer. Most schools are full for 2017 so they can't offer.

But if Greg Marshall wants the kid, so do I.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
That list is bad, but it's also unfair. Everyone thought he was a 2018 recruit until 2 weeks ago. As a 2018 guy, schools can wait, evaluate, and then offer. Most schools are full for 2017 so they can't offer.

But if Greg Marshall wants the kid, so do I.
We've been on the wrong end of this kind of deal before so I don't feel bad for the schools that can't go after Brown if he switches to 2017.

I still strongly believe if we had a scholarship available when Dillon Brooks reclassifed he would have been a Cyclone due to his ties with Naz.