RECRUITING INSIDER: Rasir Bolton decision coming soon (commits!)

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Bolton commits and he's immediately eligible: massive win
Bolton commits and he has to sit out next year: uh oh hope Griffin/Lewis are ready

Yeah hoping he’s eligible right away.

If not, he’ll still be a good get and seems like he’d be a good fit.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
It hasn't been written anywhere but didn't some of us on here come to the assumption that it has to do with the Penn State coach and pushing a player? He did not push Bolton but it's very notable.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ers-suspended-shoving-myles-dread/2486784002/

My worry is that this is a helicopter dad that is overstating the wrongdoings his son endured. Ya, Chambers is a jerk but he’s been there for like 9 years, you knew who he was when you signed to play for PSU

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Seemingly 100% of the time to the Blue Bloods...
Yep. Different sport but see QB Justin Fields from Georgia to Ohio State. Waiver granted.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...b-justin-fields-play-ohio-state-buckeyes-2019
"The NCAA adjusted its policy last spring to make it easier for transferring athletes to find an immediate path to the playing field. The new rules state that a player can be granted a waiver to play right away if he can show "documented mitigation circumstances" that the change of schools was made to better impact his 'health, safety and well-being.'"

If that is the case I hope Bolton has the proper documentation available.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Uhm... Bolton is hoping he receives a waiver to be eligible next year...is that better?

No. Why is he applying for a waiver? You can’t just put one in and hope they approve. What’s his reasoning behind the waiver? Other than speculation on this board and his dads comments Ive seen nothing that leads me to believe he’ll be granted immediate eligibility.

I’m asking you “why are you late?” And you’re telling me “I’m late!”

Yes, I know, but why?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
No. Why is he applying for a waiver? You can’t just put one in and hope they approve. What’s his reasoning behind the waiver? Other than speculation on this board and his dads comments Ive seen nothing that leads me to believe he’ll be granted immediate eligibility.

Yes, I know, but why?

Messi... have no clue...but Rabbuk asked why he’d be eligible right away.....he didn’t ask why Bolton thought hed get a waiver approved.. So I posted in reply to Rabbuk that Bolton applied for a waiver because Rabbuk made it seem like he wasn’t up to speed on the situation..

Make sense?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Messi... have no clue...but Rabbuk asked why he’d be eligible right away.....he didn’t ask why Bolton thought hed get a waiver approved.. So I posted in reply to Rabbuk that Bolton applied for a waiver because Rabbuk made it seem like he wasn’t up to speed on the situation..

Make sense?

Well know either way soon enough i guess

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Can we have a hating on the haters thread if we indeed end up with Grill, Johnson, and Bolton from this spring for the "Prohm doesn't do the spring right" crowd on here?

Those three (and guys like Shayok and Jacobson from earlier cycles... remember how those guys turned out to be bums?) should hopefully silence that crowd for awhile.

Nothing will ever shut up the Prohm haters. Even if Iowa State was to win a NC they would say buy Fred would have more by now if he was still here.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Io8PxS.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Yes, I know, but why?
I suppose the obvious answer to why is "None of your damn business!" He applied for a waiver and that's really all we need to know.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Well know either way soon enough i guess

Yeah, Rasir has been very quite during the entire recruitment cycle to the point his visits weren't even known until he was heading to the campus's (and CSU and LSU not even happening). All we know is his dad stated when he was leaving they'd be applying for a waiver and no elaboration as to the reasoning. The staff hinted it was a real possibility Rasir could get it and Prohm stating they wanted to add an immediate scoring guard lead me to believe it is a possibility. I wouldn't be surprised if we ever know the full argument until it is ruled on, maybe not even after that.

It's the NCAA though, while they have relaxed on the granting of waivers due to the public pressure recently it is far from certain no matter the argument.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I love how people act like being critical of a coach = hate Prohm or you’re either with him or against. Before Grill I’ll admit I was not feeling good about the spring recruiting. I think Prohm has done a really good job given all the scrambling he had to do. I am also not gonna act like he just assembled the 95 Bulls.