RECRUITING INSIDER: Rasir Bolton decision coming soon (commits!)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hearing that Bolton might make his decision tomorrow...Could be later, but it is expected to be this week.

I saw that Rothstein on Twitter had the same timeline.

So as of late last week, my birdies were telling me it would come down to Iowa State and LSU. Rothstein has Iowa State, Cincinnati and Colorado State.

The Bolton's apparently cancelled their LSU visit unexpectedly.

I'm just spit-balling here: Because of the LSU deal, I really like Iowa State's chances. Bolton has a connection to an assistant at Colorado State but I don't really see that overcoming what Iowa State has to offer. I'm honestly not sure what the deal is with Cincinnati, other than the fact that they have a new staff.

Stay tuned.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I’d be interested to know when Bolton cancelled his LSU visit. I’m assuming/hoping it was just minutes after LW announced he wasn’t coming back to ISU.
I saw a bunch of their players that had declared for the draft withdrew today. Possibly could have had something to do with that?

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Messi

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Wigginton is officially not coming back to Ames.

Cincinnati's Jerron Cumberland (the American Conference player of the year, who played a team-high 1,136 minutes, scored a team-high 657 points, and was obviously slated as a starter for next season if he returned after starting 35/35 last season)...

...is coming back to UC, though.

You know what he also led them in? Assists...

upload_2019-5-27_22-54-20.png

...as a 6'5" 205 pound point guard.

You would think him coming back to Cincinnati -- and good for the Bearcats -- would be a major factor. A starting spot and some major available minutes just went away.

The same role is now wide open at Iowa State, however...

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This guy would really cap off a very solid spring, especially given the extra losses to pro ball.

Can we have a hating on the haters thread if we indeed end up with Grill, Johnson, and Bolton from this spring for the "Prohm doesn't do the spring right" crowd on here?

Those three (and guys like Shayok and Jacobson from earlier cycles... remember how those guys turned out to be bums?) should hopefully silence that crowd for awhile.

CycloneAS93

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 31, 2017
Any word on what day Bolton announces? I feel like it has to be in the next couple of days.
giphy.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron