Recruit Lists v2.0

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I like this part

"To prove to schools he's serious, and to attempt to filter out the coaches who simply tell him what he wants to hear, the elder Coffey is requesting game tape from as many contests from each school. He wants to see whether the program consistently plays big guards at the point guard and shooting guard positions -- he believes that if they don't, they won't change for Amir. He wants to see the coach's style -- he believes his son would best flourish in a freer, faster-paced offense. He wants to see how much a team moves the ball -- he believes his son's passing ability should be fully utilized. Those criteria are non-negotiable.
"If schools are considering him as a three, they're probably not going to make it too far in the process with us," Coffey said. "Because he's not a 3. The best part of Amir's game, to me, is something that can't really be taught: his ability to see the court.""

When does he sign?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
FIFY.

Seriosly though, the B1G does not get many people drafted compared to some of the other power conferences in basketball
Picks in the @NBADraft by conf. the last 6 years:*
#Big12MBB-44
ACC-43
Big East-41
Pac-12 -39
SEC-39
Big Ten-20
#Big12Strong

Embarrassing

usnclone

Feb 9, 2007
@MilesBridges01: @MonteMorris11 Happy Birthday Big Bro I'll be down there next week.
It looks like Miles Bridges might be headed to Ames next week.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@TravisHines21: Regarding a potential Miles Bridges visit to Iowa State next weekend, source tells me it's not yet firmed up but certainly a possibility.

@TravisHines21: Bridges is at NC State this weekend.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
@TravisHines21: Regarding a potential Miles Bridges visit to Iowa State next weekend, source tells me it's not yet firmed up but certainly a possibility.

NC$tate... barf. Could play with Kyle Wa$hington.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

At the risk of sounding like a recruiting drama queen, I read Adam Zagoria's article that Bridges may visit ISU, but hears the most from Kansas, Michigan and NCState. Not sure if "hearing the most" actually means what it says. They just call, text, email more or what? Also, his article quoting Ellenson as listing 8 main schools in his recruitiment , he didn't even mention us. Boooo....

sportsfreak77

May 1, 2011
Urbandale/Ames
image.jpg
Heres a screenshot of a tweet I had that got retweeted by Bridges. And also means absolutely nothing but him being aware that 3 players on The Family hold Iowa State offers. Wouldn't it be something to grab a couple? Seems improbable at best but oh well!

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Article from the NBPA top 100 camp. Doesn't sound great for us on two of these guys.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...01550/nbpa-top-100-camp-emptying-the-notebook

Esa Ahmad discusses Big Ten schools
Shaker Heights (Ohio) forward Esa Ahmad has been considered an Ohio State lean, but even if he doesn't end up in Columbus, it seems he'll likely play in the Big Ten.
Ohio State, West Virginia, Maryland, Iowa, Iowa State and Cincinnati are making a push for him, and he plans on visiting Michigan and Michigan State next month.
On his visit to Maryland, Ahmad said: "Great experience. Meeting with the coaches, I'm really close with them. Just their program, coach [Mark] Turgeon gives those guys freedom to play their game and it shows."
Being from Ohio, Ahmad was excited to get an Ohio State offer back in May.
"I'm from Ohio, so you know, Ohio State, you grow up watching them," he said. "It was real big when I got that offer."
He plans on cutting his list to five or six next month, and possibly deciding in August.

Eric Davis shows his scoring ability
With the rise of the scoring point guard, Eric Davis fits the bill perfectly. He's capable of running an offense, but he's also adept at scoring on his own -- as evidenced by his 32-point performance on the Thursday of NBPA Top 100 camp.
"Scoring point guard," Davis said on what he is. "But I can get my teammates involved, get them good looks. All the schools I'm talking to, they want the ball in my hands."
Kentucky has shown interest recently.
"It's a guard school," Davis said. "[Calipari] loves his guards, obviously, and he gets the top players. I'm real competitive, so I'm looking for that. Night after night, in practice, you have to bring it. It's going to make me better as a player. They want me to play more of a point guard. He doesn't want me to be one-dimensional, just passing the ball."
The Arthur Hill (Mich.) has been linked with Michigan State in the past, and North Carolina State made a run on his Crystal Ball recently. Michigan is also involved.
"We keep in contact regularly," Davis said of the Wolverines. "I talk to them every other day. Just keeping in contact, just developing relationships. All coaches, I just want to develop a relationship. And Michigan has been there."
Davis will cut his list after July.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Wasn't Eric Davis on our radar early on as in a visit here when he was a sophomore and liked us? I don't know if its because we had gotten Monte/Custer etc. that things went differently or the fact that he has really blown up and moved on from us because I don't think we've been actively involved with him for some time, have we?

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Yeah I'm not sure if we've been on Eric Davis' radar for a while. I think we made a valiant effort for Ahmad, but he seems focused on B1G/ east coast. I dot know for certain, but I'm not sure we're pushing hard on either of these guys, if we even have contact at all at this moment.

Ellenson didn't mention ISU in the last interview I read - posted this weekend. I think the star is still in contact, but I'm not sure this is pointing our way at all.

I bet we get a visit from Diallo, but beating our UK, etc will be tough. With only two scholarships (maybe assume 3 - there is always attrition) and little perceived playing time for 2015, I'm not necessarily expecting big things for this class - at least for the backcourt. I think we could get a pretty good post player. I could also see us ending up with a transfer and a JuCo. As we're seeing, Fred is going for broke with the preps, and landing immediately impactful JuCos and transfers when he misses.

we look good for 2016, though, with Coffey, Myles, and Bridges. And by then, Naz, McKay, and Georges will have graduated.

Of course this is looking way ahead. A lot can change. At least we're not sitting around worrying about IF we'll decent in a couple years...

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Yeah I'm not sure if we've been on Eric Davis' radar for a while. I think we made a valiant effort for Ahmad, but he seems focused on B1G/ east coast. I dot know for certain, but I'm not sure we're pushing hard on either of these guys, if we even have contact at all at this moment.

Ellenson didn't mention ISU in the last interview I read - posted this weekend. I think the star is still in contact, but I'm not sure this is pointing our way at all.

I bet we get a visit from Diallo, but beating our UK, etc will be tough. With only two scholarships (maybe assume 3 - there is always attrition) and little perceived playing time for 2015, I'm not necessarily expecting big things for this class - at least for the backcourt. I think we could get a pretty good post player. I could also see us ending up with a transfer and a JuCo. As we're seeing, Fred is going for broke with the preps, and landing immediately impactful JuCos and transfers when he misses.

we look good for 2016, though, with Coffey, Myles, and Bridges. And by then, Naz, McKay, and Georges will have graduated.

Of course this is looking way ahead. A lot can change. At least we're not sitting around worrying about IF we'll decent in a couple years...

That's how I see it playing out too. I see us filling at both remaining spots (more if attrition happens) with Juco's and transfers.

For right now, the elite HS talent is still slightly out of our range, and especially if immediate starting spots are unlikely, such as 2015/16 when you'll have Morris, Naz, Cooke, Thomas, Nader, Niang, Custer and McKay.

Very unlikely that a HS kid would walk into a starting role that year.

The following will be a great chance to land a big time class however with the losses we have that year. If it's ever going to happen, that would be the year, IMO.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but at this point I have to agree with you. We do, however, have a great shot at landing Malik Dime, who is a promising power forward. Maybe we can get lucky and snatch one of the high recruits we are going after, but it sounds like Ahmad and Ellenson are no bueno. Hopefully Diallo decides that he wants to play for Fred, but we have some very stiff competition.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Also with the amount of returning fire power we have in 2015-16, I think Fred will want at least 1 and possibly 2 transfers that have to sit out. That seems to be working very well. We have no immediate needs going into that year, so if nothing else, it helps you stockpile talent without trying to have to massage egos and give playing time just to keep people happy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron