Re-al Mitchell to Transfer

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
i'll bet you a beer isu does not get a grad transfer qb

i'll be happy if i'm wrong :)

All I said is that it wouldn't surprise me if we got one. Some guys are looking for things other than playing time.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've always wondered what Mitchell's throws were like in practice. Was he a threat more than just a running QB?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
We way under utilized this kid. Obviously Purdy is better at quarterback but we should have found ways to get him on the field

How do we know that Re-al was under utilized? All the players need to earn time on the field and lost the battle to Purdy. He had some talent but wasn't nor should have taken minutes away from Brock..
It would have been fun to see him in the backfield or at WR I suppose. Issue is he was the backup QB thus I assume Campbell was reluctant to risk him getting injured for 8-10 plays as a gimmick player. I trust the staff that they didn't see enough of him in that type of role to think it was worth it.

Good luck to Re-al as he chases his dream of being a starting QB. It just wasn't going to happen at ISU with Purdy established. Campbell knew this and a major reason they are taking 2 QB's this year.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Really good that Bouman is here for spring practice. He will get a lot of snaps and comes in very well developed in the mental aspects and with spring practices and fall camp should be ready if we need him by fall. Of course, that isn't counting out Deckers coming in this summer and out competing for the backup job. I feel much better though knowing we have one of our true freshman QB's as an early enrollee

• Agree
Reactions: KcCyclone77

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Really good that Bouman is here for spring practice. He will get a lot of snaps and comes in very well developed in the mental aspects and with spring practices and fall camp should be ready if we need him by fall. Of course, that isn't counting out Deckers coming in this summer and out competing for the backup job. I feel much better though knowing we have one of our true freshman QB's as an early enrollee

Coaching staff is really high on Bouman. They think they got a steal there

• Agree
Reactions: wgleason

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
ISU transfer QBs haven’t had best luck at their next stops

Rohach barely played at Buffalo
Noland barely played at NDSU
Moore did not play for South Dakota
Park played a lot but horribly for a bad D2 team

Flynn, Lanning and Jones had a ton of success converting but I do kind of want to see what Real can do as a starter for somebody.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I will say that I dont think he is a better overall QB then Purdy but I will say that with his speed, he needed to be on the field more. With Purdy being hurt in the second half of the year, I dont understand why he couldnt of been brought in more. They did it with Lanning, there shouldnt be a reason Mitchell wasnt used in the same ways to atleast get him on the field.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Ominous times at QB. With Mitchell's departure it leaves true junior Purdy and a couple of true freshmen, one of which will either be transferring or switching positions themselves in a year or two from now. Kind of have to hope for another GT situation. Regardless, I trust the staff to be able to bring guys in to compete

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz