Re-al Mitchell to Transfer

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
What’s this “qb sneak” people are speaking of?
When did Purdy fail to convert a QB sneak?

The 4th-and-half-a-yard against Notre Dame in which Purdy handed the ball to Hall and Hall slammed into the ND line and actually lost yardage. I think Campbell OKd that play because Purdy isn't all that good at QB sneaks, which is the usual call in such a situation. I maintain that Re-Al would be guaranteed to get 18 inches in a QB sneak.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
isu got very lucky Kolar wanted to play with his brother for his final year and didnt care if he played

its going to be very difficult to convince a grad transfer to come to isu and be a backup

It wouldn't be that difficult to find a career back up to come here. Some are interested in coaching and networking.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CyclonesRock

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
It wouldn't be that difficult to find a career back up to come here. Some are interested in coaching and networking.

then why wouldnt they just stay at their current school?

How many grad transfer QBs riding the bench at their previous school are looking to go ride the bench at a different school? If theyre transferring, 99% of the time its because they want to play

• Agree
Reactions: Allikat

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The 4th-and-half-a-yard against Notre Dame in which Purdy handed the ball to Hall and Hall slammed into the ND line and actually lost yardage. I think Campbell OKd that play because Purdy isn't all that good at QB sneaks, which is the usual call in such a situation. I maintain that Re-Al would be guaranteed to get 18 inches in a QB sneak.

How do you know Purdy isn't good at QB sneaks and Mitchell is? Lol I mean have hit ever seen either of them even attempt one?

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I wish I could guarantee 18 inches

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I love Matt Campbell. I agree with most everything he does. But I think he screwed up on this one a little bit. There were plenty of chances to involve Re-al in the offense much more than we did, but we didn't. Hope I'm wrong, and maybe I will be, but we could look back in a couple of years and have a really sick feeling in our stomachs about what could have been with Re-al. Especially if Brock gets hurt or leaves early for NFL.

Its hard to get a kid in the offense when he only wants to play quarterback, refuses to see the writing on the wall and move to another position. Re-al was getting some playing time, but he was the 2nd team QB, so unless Campbell was going to spilt time between the two of them, and he wasn't, then this is a non issue.

Good luck to him wherever he goes.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
then why wouldnt they just stay at their current school?

How many grad transfer QBs riding the bench at their previous school are looking to go ride the bench at a different school? If theyre transferring, 99% of the time its because they want to play

Maybe their current school is ready to move on, but I literally just told you in my previous post. If they're interested in coaching it's a good opportunity to learn from another staff.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Maybe their current school is ready to move on, but I literally just told you in my previous post. If they're interested in coaching it's a good opportunity to learn from another staff.

i'll bet you a beer isu does not get a grad transfer qb

i'll be happy if i'm wrong :)

• Useful
Reactions: tyrelrobert

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron