Reactions: CycloneErik

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Random man advice.
Trader Joes and even the Walmart Marketplace have inexpensive flower bouquets just inside the front door. Wife never shops at either place and is yet to figure out my flower secrets that I leave on the kitchen table for her on occasion.

If you travel outside the country (Mexico for ex) and as I did and got a stomach bug the day I flew back, its probably some legit stuff. Don't wait 5 days to decide you need to see the Dr. Go immediately. Personal experience from this week. Travelers flu is a 7-10 day ordeal of bad poops and gut aches. :(

I took the "owning 2 pairs of shoes" plunge recent. High dollar new balance for good foot support I need, and medium priced 2nd pair. Rotating them each day is supposed to prevent the feet stinks, as they get a day long break and sweat causing bacteria won't build up in the shoe. So far so good.

We’ll, now we can go see Erik if we get montezumas revenge in Mexico.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I would judge you. Also at that point, just go all in and if it's a girl name her Neveah.

Thank you! I just kept on waiting for them

I actually didn't realize he was that close to a doctor. I thought his Phd was in something like American Lit.

and that's why you didn't get her wet (I'm sorry, I had to). But I hope you guys had fun, what river were you in?

just as clarification, this was a FB friend who did the baby naming. I saw that today and made a Mckayla Maroney face. It certainly seems like those early 20th century names are back in style. Theodore, Esther, June..........I've made a few suggestions to DH on girl names and he's like no, no old lady names. So apparently I've caught a bit of that trend. But for real, there's one old lady name I like and it's a family name I've always liked. So he can suck it.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Our SIL is April, with a birthday in April. I have a friend named June, but her birthday is in the fall.

My youngest niece was born in May, and her middle name is "Mae". There is a possibility that's also a family name, though, on my SILs side.

Have another family member by marriage with the middle name of June, but a December birthday. I have a strong feeling, though, that the middle name might be in homage to a set of family members.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
One granddaughter was born in September, and is named Autumn.

As for old-lady names, some friends named their daughter (almost three now) Eleanor. They call her "E".

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
"Old lady" names are making a comeback...Rose, Hazel, Violet. Eleanor, and its various spellings, can be shortened to Ellie if wanted. I have a feeling, though, Ethel, Minnie, and Vera aren't going to be making a comeback anytime soon.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
"Old lady" names are making a comeback...Rose, Hazel, Violet. Eleanor, and its various spellings, can be shortened to Ellie if wanted. I have a feeling, though, Ethel, Minnie, and Vera aren't going to be making a comeback anytime soon.

I don't know how Violet and Eleanor didn't come straight to mind. Seeing a lot of those right now and other flowery/nature type ones - Wren, Hazel, Rose, Poppy, Marigold.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I don't know how Violet and Eleanor didn't come straight to mind. Seeing a lot of those right now and other flowery/nature type ones - Wren, Hazel, Rose, Poppy, Marigold.

If I ever had girls (I think it’s safe to say at this point I’m safe from it not happening) I always liked Sophia or Julia. Are those old people names?

Also, no middle names. Just first and last. My last name is plenty uncommon enough, there’s no need for a middle name.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
If I ever had girls (I think it’s safe to say at this point I’m safe from it not happening) I always liked Sophia or Julia. Are those old people names?

Also, no middle names. Just first and last. My last name is plenty uncommon enough, there’s no need for a middle name.

We would have used Sophia for our first if a niece didn't have the name already.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Gonna rain some more. Yup. This time not just the little isolated cell that's been following me all month wherever I go.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

I've always liked the name Sophia but DH is a no. Think it's a very pretty name and not old ladyish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron