Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
and finally, my plane landed late into ORD and then I had to haul ass across terminals (got a shuttle, yay!) but it left me no time for bathroom or food. Literally, the shuttle dropped me nearly at my gate and I walked straight into the nearly done boarding line.

So the anger in the prior posts could potentially be due to the fact that my food the past 13 hours has been a piece of bacon, pineapple that I stopped eating after I saw hair on it, a granola bar, the rest of a baggie of sun chips in my bag since Tuesday, and two packs of mini-skittles.

This is like hanger playing out all over.

Reactions: WooBadger18

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Random check in....Cowgirl, let me know if you need me to overnight some bacon or something, you seem tightly strung....I can hook you up.

Those who recall me talking about the "Ford pieceofshit" (a 2005 Focus, for clarity)...we may be reaching our end together...it's been 12 years of love/hate, but I think I'm getting a Colorado. Can't fit a full sized pickup in my garage. She's got some life in her, will make someone a great work beater.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Random check in....Cowgirl, let me know if you need me to overnight some bacon or something, you seem tightly strung....I can hook you up.

Those who recall me talking about the "Ford pieceofshit" (a 2005 Focus, for clarity)...we may be reaching our end together...it's been 12 years of love/hate, but I think I'm getting a Colorado. Can't fit a full sized pickup in my garage. She's got some life in her, will make someone a great work beater.

the piece of bacon I had today was probably the best thing I ate........until I got home and saw the leftover Halloween candy. 100grand4lyfe

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Welcome 00 what's up with the family?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Not a whole heck of a lot, little00 has hooked up with teh sportsball kids in his class, so balancing between "yay, he's hanging with the cool kids" and "maybe let's not make sportsball our idol, eh?" parenting. Littlest00 is adjusting to real school, and amazes me with his creativity...with the caveat that he's my kid, so of course he amazes me, but this is his calling more than it was little00.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Glad to hear you're doing well 00! Kids are just amazing to watch/help grow.

Yeah, it's funny...a constant struggle between "Yep, that's my boy" and "where the heck did that come from?" on about 17,500 different levels. It's a good reminder that every human being has intrinsic value, even if we sometimes don't think certain forms of humans do....imagine if you were their parent...no matter the amount they frustrate you at times, they have the ability to love, and to be loved. To love us unconditionally, and to allow us to love them unconditionally. Even if they only existed for a moment, or in the worldly evaluation they 'didn't amount to anything'...just the fact that they existed in a form able to be loved is worth something.

I'm sure that can be read as being referential to certain things, or people, but it's universal.

Uggh, I'm going there again, should stop, hugs for all.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
100granduntilyoutry00clone'sbacon....more like.

CreamyLeanAdmiralbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Lost a tough one tonight on a tiebraking 40+ yd last second FG to an also undefeated team. Would have had to play the team we lost to last year next week.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
also one of my employees doesn't see me as their approver for expenses. I asked this to be done over a month ago. Then was told by the powers that be that they needed the change of status form. That was sent out two months ago. And said they didn't see one for (person with similar name but not my employee) I was probably a bit snippy in that reply. But I needed to do that instead of "you dumbass, I have the employee's name in that email twice, how did you **** that up?"
I nearly reattached my email from a month ago to that one and asked why they didn't ask for the COS a month ago when I first asked about this.

Rum?

Here you go, girl.
902430_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569855091368.png

Reactions: cowgirl836
Status
Not open for further replies.