Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Surprised I am not more hungover. It's the ISU football effect.

Also out of bananas. That is bad, very bad. Going to have to make a grocery run since that did not get done after the game yesterday (cause busy beer commiserating the game). Also need to pick up some carrots and tators....going to try out the new Dutch oven this afternoon after I do some more yard labor. Any fav recipes for roast pot of the beast?
bangiphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and SaraV

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I was playing hard with Z yesterday. She helped me sort her books in her room and in the living room. Then we got the room vacuumed.

She saw Battleship, so we're playing it a lot.

Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That female fan thread. Staying far away from that!

Long list of dickheads that could use a good coldcock punch in the face in that thread, you know, because they "deserved" it and "asked" for it because they are asholes. It's like a usual list of suspects of the guys that are asshats in every thread they post in.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Background noise options:
1. P&P: Z might get some culture while listening and one of @Angie s favorite movies, I think
2. Baking Holiday Championship already on
3. Christmas playlist: also really easy

Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm itching to do a Christmas cross stitch project.

Boxster, I do mine in the crockpot but it's water, potatoes, carrots, onions (thanks to Carvers for that suggestion), bay leaf, recipe secret - mushroom one, Worchestershire sauce, salt and peppe.

But if doing it stove top, I'd sear the roast on all sides first. Yum.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Advisor recommended the intro to this book a few years ago, and Xeroxed a copy.
Checked out the book yesterday, read the intro again today and a directly relevant chapter.

I appreciate this guy's explanation of this thing, since we were almost word-for-word identical in our descriptions. Definitely some footnotes coming from this one, partially because he helped to flesh out some things I was working on, and some to cover my butt, because it could look to someone like I plagiarized this guy in a sentence or two.

Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
With my 5 week fitness test on Saturday morning at 7 it doesn't look like I will be able to make the game. Probably for the better as we are having the baby dedicated on Sunday morning and it is also MrsWx's birthday next Sunday.

The Christmas lights were in a tangled mess so I was not able to get those up on Friday. Maybe next weekend?

In laws want to take all of us up to MSP after Christmas for our present this year. I said no. We already went with them to Orlando last year and are going to Branson with them next year. It is okay to do things without each other.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
With my 5 week fitness test on Saturday morning at 7 it doesn't look like I will be able to make the game. Probably for the better as we are having the baby dedicated on Sunday morning and it is also MrsWx's birthday next Sunday.

The Christmas lights were in a tangled mess so I was not able to get those up on Friday. Maybe next weekend?

In laws want to take all of us up to MSP after Christmas for our present this year. I said no. We already went with them to Orlando last year and are going to Branson with them next year. It is okay to do things without each other.

Test earlier in the week? That's always been an option for FXB folks in Ames.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Z some how got into a video about cell death, then changed to black holes, and is currently watching a video about parasites...."z, are you sure you want to watch it?"

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Been binge watching a lot of series on Netflix.

Schitt’s Creek: GREAT comedy. Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara together are a ******* mazing. The only bad thing about it is that I can’t watch it live because it’s on a Canadian channel.

Friends From College: pretty solid. My future wife Cobie Smulders is in it. So is Keegan Michael Key of Key and Peele fame. A little frustrating at times, but solid.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: might have a crush on Rachel Bloom now. I love this show and she’s bat **** crazy in it.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
This post is heavy on the random and light on the thought. If they ever make a movie involving the ISU athletic department, I want Christopher Eccleston to play Jamie Pollard.
Movie??!?!?....You're talking a Netflux mini-series franchise. Minimum 5 season run. Larry Eustachy = David Duchovney (spell?). Johnny Orr that dude from Whiplash and the Farmers Insurance commercials.
The dude who screwed up the Miss America thing and does the new family feud could be Wayne Morgan.
Steven Leath.....Jeremy Piven...and I want a full episode of him freaking out after wrecking a plane.

too soon?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
First look at the men's and women's hoops 2017 version.The ladies looked much more polished than the men. Brick City was good for lunch between games. Simpson niece got to come up for the men's game it was good to visit with her. She agreed the men's team looked rough. I really hope they surprise me at Mizzou but right now glad that I couldn't get tickets for that game.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
That female fan thread. Staying far away from that!

The fact that "female" was included in thread title was enough for me not to even open it.

It seems that about half of CF believes women always lie about rape and usually deserve to be beaten (they always qualify this with even though they have mothers and daughters, I usually assume they loathe them too).

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The fact that "female" was included in thread title was enough for me not to even open it.

It seems that about half of CF believes women always lie about rape and usually deserve to be beaten (they always qualify this with even though they have mothers and daughters, I usually assume they loathe them too).
It has nothing to do with rape. It was a mismanaged encounter between a drunk & disorderly female fan and four security guards. Lot of stupidity all the way around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron