Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
When it's Arbor Day and you kill a tree:

giphy.gif

5a98265629ac3_gollummurderer.gif.07866f39aeb805dc34e092b87f053fc3.gif

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Have a great time in Italy!

Thank you so much! I'm ridiculously excited. And over-organized.

So when do you leave for Italy?

Also RTT is up over 15,000 posts. We should probably close this one and start a new one. I could be wrong (more likely then not) but I believe Chaser has the honor.

Next Friday, 5/4! We travel back on 5/12. I have got close to every single second planned. Not THAT bad, but I've got an itinerary!

I was actually going to suggest the closing, if you guys thought this was a good time. We're getting to that point!

Is this the Rome trip? I don't remember if you went yet.

It is! Next week!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Update, did not get an expensive crib. IKEA is not the place to wander tired and hungry. Pizza is life. Did add some girl names to the list via overheard convos on our return trip.

Serenity
Eternity
Jazlyn (sp?)
Mahogany

DH is totes on board with these. Been up for almost 36 hours now, should probably go to bed. In my own comfy bed!!!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Update, did not get an expensive crib. IKEA is not the place to wander tired and hungry. Pizza is life. Did add some girl names to the list via overheard convos on our return trip.

Serenity
Eternity
Jazlyn (sp?)
Mahogany

DH is totes on board with these. Been up for almost 36 hours now, should probably go to bed. In my own comfy bed!!!
Did your return trip entail stopping at a strip club?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
At a meet in Hampton. Somebody told me that that was where the hot women are from. Very cold there, so I couldn't tell if any were really warm.

Heading over to orange city for a college visit tomorrow. I'm doubting NW will leave cookies out for my family and don't know anybody else over there so I guess I will just go Hungry on the way.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Did your return trip entail stopping at a strip club?

The last one is a teen........the first three are all under the age of 6, I'd guess. I would not have been surprised to learn that any of the moms in that group were formerly employed by such establishments.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
At a meet in Hampton. Somebody told me that that was where the hot women are from. Very cold there, so I couldn't tell if any were really warm.

Heading over to orange city for a college visit tomorrow. I'm doubting NW will leave cookies out for my family and don't know anybody else over there so I guess I will just go Hungry on the way.

I could have probably hooked you up with some cookies after the track meet. Did you eat at any of the authentic Mexican restaurants in town? Willie's Sports Bar probably has the best food.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I could have probably hooked you up with some cookies after the track meet. Did you eat at any of the authentic Mexican restaurants in town? Willie's Sports Bar probably has the best food.

Would you consider 10:30 pm at mcdonalds drive thru as authentic? I had to thaw out from the artic blast coming from the north. Son has always ran the 4x4 so we have to be there the whole day.

• Friendly
Reactions: SaraV and Cybirdy

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Serenity
Eternity
Jazlyn (sp?)
Mahogany

I know a Jazlyn who is a senior, she is going to college on a swim scholarship (maybe at ISU? Can't remember, there are quite a few Ame girls swimmers going on to compete in college)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Had a strange incident at the track meet. I am sitting in the Lake Mills group, best man in my wedding still from there, and an older lady comes up and asks if I know where such and such family is. It's pronounced the same as a LM girl I graduated with. I start to say, I'm not from LM anymore when it dawns on me that maybe it's my current pastor she's asking about. I look around and mention one of their kids and this lady perks up and apparently that's who she's looking for.

All I could think of was the Ricky bobby gif of "don't throw that evil on me" when I figured she thought I looked like someone from the town I live in. I usually claim where I farm since I'm not a fan of where I live. I'm not attracted to my relatives so I will never be a local.

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.