Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
My son's schoolwork had been suffering so we kicked him off for 3 days. Evidently some big event (maybe a meteor strike) may have happened in Fortnite world a couple of days ago and he had to miss it. We've also set limits on the playtime.
The meteors in the sky are freaking them all out, apparently. I just think they look pretty, personally. I don't see what the big deal is.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
So you're saying you have a slow hand. This is now how I picture G.
And+now+ladies+and+gentlemen+mr+conway+twitty+_c4a02dc61dbcbf4aa65e838fe70b8d05.jpg

More like this.

MJWd5zi.gif

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I love this! The next couple of weeks are full, as I have backups filling in while I'm out of the country, so is it okay if I use it that third Friday in May?
So when do you leave for Italy?

Also RTT is up over 15,000 posts. We should probably close this one and start a new one. I could be wrong (more likely then not) but I believe Chaser has the honor.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
So when do you leave for Italy?

Also RTT is up over 15,000 posts. We should probably close this one and start a new one. I could be wrong (more likely then not) but I believe Chaser has the honor.
I think you're correct but I'm a little concerned that he might end up in the clink do to the crooked police in his hometown and in Wisconsin in general.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Disappointed to find out my biking and wind curse from 2016 and 2017 is still alive and well. :( Rethinking that afternoon bike ride. Wind is gusting to 37 mph. **** that ****.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So last night I had a dream. My kinda crazy, old aunt that's in a retirement home bought a great big house. We were helping her move in, the house was pretty messy and we noticed a couple of mice running around. The cats caught the mice but then the mice turned into crickets which, once again, the cats caught. I went into the kitchen to get a paper towel to pick the dead crickets up off the carpet and realized that the paper towel holder was really high. I had to step up on my tippy toes to reach the paper towels. This is when I realized that I was in a dream (because nobody would put their paper towel holder that high in real life) but this dream continued. Pretty soon, the cats had caught about a dozen crickets and set them in a pile in the living room. I grabbed another paper towel to pick up the crickets but now the crickets started coming back to life. That's when I woke up. A random thoughts thread seemed like as good of a place as anywhere to post this.

Would have been cooler if the crickets were riding the mice and chasing the cats and than the cats freaked out and started chasing you. o_O

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I don't have a clever rebuttal. I turn 50 on Monday, have a torn ACL and am definitely feeling the weight of my own mortality. Also, I came up with a list of 11 things I need to accomplish this weekend. All of which will take a minimum of a half-hour and that's before I even look at my wife's honey-do list. There's no time for sleep but I guess that's OK because if I go to sleep I'll probably just have another gross cricket dream. That last rapture/apocalypse thing that was supposed to happen on about April 18 did not come through for me. This one was supposed to be real. Now I'm just going to let dementia slowly creep in on me. Stay off my... whatever you call that grass area in front of my house!

On a side note, my parents house is having some issues with the foundation. Do you know anybody that does that kind of work?

Yes - are they needing repair of the foundation itself? Is it concrete, or cement block, or what? I can go take a look at it, if you want.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I think you're correct but I'm a little concerned that he might end up in the clink do to the crooked police in his hometown and in Wisconsin in general.

The good news is they can be bought off with cheap liquor. (Think Sunnybrook whiskey.)

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-27_16-7-18.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-27_16-7-18.jpeg
    4.5 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron