Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Driving through small Podunk western Iowa town and see this garage painted all black with an ugly has tiger hawk and go hawks written on it.

Just asking to be shot at with a paintball gun.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'd say that someone trying to fly under a different name will at minimum be required to have a full body cavity search performed on them.
[video=youtube;yspHR4IxKiU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yspHR4IxKiU[/video]

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
So I tried to check in online and found out my name on my passport doesn't match how the idiots booked the flight. They can't do anything right. They have two 800 numbers on the email. One doesn't work and the other is experiencing difficulties. So I had to send an email to the international travel idiots telling them they messed up my name even though it is all correct in my profile.
If it wasn't for bad luck...
This happened to me. Show up a little early and go to Delta's (assuming who you are flying with) special services. They should change it since it is your outbound flight and should do it for free if you used a travel agency. Don't let them not change it though, once you actually fly with it wrong they can't change it on the way back and that could result in more problems than on the way out.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
One of the bolts fell off the cleat in my bike shoe about halfway through my 40 mile ride today. Made for some interesting times getting it clipped in and out. Was going to pick up a new set of cleats at the bike store, but they're charging $30 for ones I can get online for $8.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So I tried to check in online and found out my name on my passport doesn't match how the idiots booked the flight. They can't do anything right. They have two 800 numbers on the email. One doesn't work and the other is experiencing difficulties. So I had to send an email to the international travel idiots telling them they messed up my name even though it is all correct in my profile.
If it wasn't for bad luck...

Yer ded.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
See, I'd never ride past a breakfast burrito. I'ma stop and eat it every time.

The one in Marion seems like much more of the traditional farmers market with just produce and what not. I did get an excellent breakfast burrito at the one in CR last Saturday.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Hi, friends! I'm doing well. I won't be online much for the next few months, as I'm very busy with work.

Go Cyclones!

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Hi, friends! I'm doing well. I won't be online much for the next few months, as I'm very busy with work.

Go Cyclones!
giphy.gif

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Today marks the first time since I've lived here that I've been to Marion.

Like maybe I've driven through it a couple times because Hiawatha/CR/Marion says **** you to City Limit rules, but this is the first time I was on foot in a Marion establishment.

#worldtraveler

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
4 1/2 hours later someone actually acknowledged and asked for the full passport name. That was 1 1/2 hour ago. Haven't heard back

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Something something mad dogs and Englishman and noon day sun something.

Woot, heat index has hit 100 with wind gusts to 26 mph. Most excellent biking weather. Ack.

Ride Summary (cause NWICY likes them):

Mile 4: Got a "Go Iowa State!"

Mile 8: Run off path by guy who doesn't know his right from his left.

Mile 10: Three Asian gals complaining about the heat.

Mile 10.25: Gal on road bike in front of me nearly rides in dog leash that is stretched across the whole 10-foot wide bike path. Like those WWII movies where they pull the wire across the path of the German motorcycle guy.

Mile 14: Guy tries to hit me with his canoe. He's doing the shoulder carry and swings it around right across the path at my head level.

Highlight: Survived w/o sunstroke. :cool:
Lowlight: Did not see sweet flat tire hippy gal. :sad:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Travel Guy - "Your name is corrected, please check"
Me - "Check what?'
Travel Guy - "Your reservation"
Me - "According to Delta's website my name doesn't match the reservation and my plane left an hour ago anyway"

No response yet

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Today marks the first time since I've lived here that I've been to Marion.

Like maybe I've driven through it a couple times because Hiawatha/CR/Marion says **** you to City Limit rules, but this is the first time I was on foot in a Marion establishment.

#worldtraveler

Where did you go?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Back in the states. Getting Pizza while in Chi town. Checked in yesterday and found our departure moved up 2 hours. Do you have to sign up for text=email notifications of flight changes? I know delta had sent them to me before but not sure if I had to sign up. Hope my plants didn't all die since some had gotten dry before leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.