Random Thoughts VII 'Merica (RTTVII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Obviously not. Everyone knows if you're going to try something that bold you need to do something to sweeten the deal. That's first semester knowledge right there

:jimlad:

No use trying to bribe your professors....unless they're adjuncts. Then that $20 might just be enough. :jimlad:

In other news, turns out Kirkwood's going rate for adjuncts is only $1100 or so per credit hour.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
There's a story going around, either urban legend or true, about a paper recycling until it reached the professor who originally wrote it as an undergrad.

The takeaway from this round: Any assignment with a take-home component will be plagiarized by about 1 in 5 students.

Boo! More then. Yuck

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
There's a story going around, either urban legend or true, about a paper recycling until it reached the professor who originally wrote it as an undergrad.

The takeaway from this round: Any assignment with a take-home component will be plagiarized by about 1 in 5 students.
Sounds like Larry Curtis' tests

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
heeheehee...

13006643_10153679066902153_7433561227574759043_n.jpg

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
We have our first 10U slow pitch softball game this weekend (I say "we" as I'm the assistant coach). I only have two hopes for this game.

1. That at least one out of every 5 pitches is a strike.

2. That I can adequately disguise the fact that I'm staring at the head coach's yoga pants (at least enough so that Mrs. JCyclonee doesn't notice).

Go Flamingos!

You do have a good pair of very dark or mirrored sunglasses I hope. ;)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well got some tapping and drilling in this afternoon............ mounted the sprayer to the mower to spray weeds.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Not proud to admit it, but circumstances overflowed my Give a S*** limit today. I'm kind of in a weird spot because my customers are also my suppliers in the fact that my area does...kind of contract manufacturing for design groups. Where that gets frustrating is when I get garbage from them, then they complain when they get garbage back, or I'm waiting on them for stuff, then once they get it to me, they ride my *** to get my stuff done. As well, because they're the more nerdy engineers, they always believe they're smarter at my business than I am. So, I field a lot of dumb questions. (and please don't take that wrong, I am not perfect, and don't know everything, but I tend to know my limits and admit to them)

So today, I get a question where someone is asking a question trying to be the "ask all the questions, take care of all the details" guy. Except, they referred to a process that was relevant about 15 years ago. I think the best way I can describe it without getting into a dissertation of what I actually do, which would bore the hell out of everyone...would be to compare it to the guy asking me to save a file to a disk and asked if it would fit on a 5.25" disk. Everything except the 5.25" detail is a relevant question, but in that example, we use USB drives instead of 5.25" floppies...and there are groups that still use 5.25" drives, but they only support the products that are so old that they use 5.25" disks. Typically, I just ignore the error and answer the question that yes or no, we can perform the action, but today, I had just hit my limit.

I answered by saying (using the same analogy) "the 5.25" disk drives are now handled by (this other group), you'll have to work with them"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron