Random Thoughts V

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I ventured into the Mangino tweet one. You're probably best to bunker down in here at least until the hoarde passes.
That tweet ticks me off. First, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Second, considering that coaching is a pretty small network you shouldn't be saying classless things like that. Third, that Oompa Loompa cost us games, so he can't talk.

So I couldn't sleep last night, so out of boredom, I went to the welcome board and went as far back as I could to see what current posters we still have that introduced themselves on there. Didn't see many that were all too familiar to me, but I did see one by Rulzzz. Big women's basketball fan back then!
I never made a welcome message but just jumped into posting.

Oh and you should have just said both you and Nickles went to Iowa State and just let them assume you went there at the same time. Either that, or come up with an awesome backstory.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
That tweet ticks me off. First, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Second, considering that coaching is a pretty small network you shouldn't be saying classless things like that. Third, that Oompa Loompa cost us games, so he can't talk.

Oh and you should have just said both you and Nickles went to Iowa State and just let them assume you went there at the same time. Either that, or come up with an awesome backstory.

She brags about how we met on CF, so the story is already out. I'm just waiting for Chris Williams to do a story on it.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Some of my buddies still hold him in high regard. Pretty ******* low of Mark to tweet that. I get it that he hates Rhoads but for the sake of the 20 year old kids you made connections with coaching the past two years keep your mouth shut.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
She brags about how we met on CF, so the story is already out. I'm just waiting for Chris Williams to do a story on it.
Yeah, hopefully he doesn't true to play up the "come for the cyclone conversation, stay for the chance to meet your next SO" angle because this site is only slightly less gender skewed than Ashley Madison.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
that Mangino tweet did seem pretty low class. I thought it seemed obvious we were doing better without him. And since he's taking the low road, he should probably watch the talking about a fat anything in his tweets.

Plus doesn't his kid still go here?

Last edited:

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Some of my buddies still hold him in high regard. Pretty ******* low of Mark to tweet that. I get it that he hates Rhoads but for the sake of the 20 year old kids you made connections with coaching the past two years keep your mouth shut.
Yeah, he's an adult and needs to act like it. Also, if Paul Rhoads is actually a terrible human being, then come out with that info. Because right now you just look like a petty *******

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
that Mangino tweet did seem pretty low class. I thought it seemed obvious we were doing better without him. And since he's taking the low road, he should probably watching talking about a fat anything in his tweets.

Tommy Mangino coaches here still.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
that Mangino tweet did seem pretty low class. I thought it seemed obvious we were doing better without him. And since he's taking the low road, he should probably watching talking about a fat anything in his tweets.

Not only that, but it was classy of CPR to keep Little Mangino on board. A lot of businesses wouldn't do something like that.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Yeah, hopefully he doesn't true to play up the "come for the cyclone conversation, stay for the chance to meet your next SO" angle because this site is only slightly less gender skewed than Ashley Madison.

I don't know, sounds kind of like farmersonly.com, but more classy and less pig ****.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Thats a bit of a stretch for a lot of reasons with the biggest being that Tommy is doing his job, Mark was not.

Not really, at least at the top positions (and one could argue how well of a job Tommy is doing).

Hell, just at my last job, the VP had two of his sisters working there, one in a management role and one in a training role. When they got rid of the VP, they got rid of the other two because they didn't want anything effecting the results of the people beneath them/being trained by them.

I'm sure they got nice severance packages, though.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Not really, at least at the top positions (and one could argue how well of a job Tommy is doing).

Hell, just at my last job, the VP had two of his sisters working there, one in a management role and one in a training role. When they got rid of the VP, they got rid of the other two because they didn't want anything effecting the results of the people beneath them/being trained by them.

I'm sure they got nice severance packages, though.
Our VP was let go shortly after I started with my company and his two sons are still in their high level board positions. A case can be made either way I guess but I don't agree that your name is the reason you get fired if your relative gets fired while you're doing an at least adequate job.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think my favorite business phrase to use is "I'll make sure things like that don't continue to slip through the cracks" when talking to my bosses. It's such a stupid phrase, yet every boss I've ever had loves it whenever I use it.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
So people who are smarter than me when it comes to football. Who do I want to win the OSU-MSU game? I was thinking MSU since that would drop OSU and put Oklahoma State and Oklahoma in a better chance to get in if they keep winning (Since I'm assuming Iowa will lose in the big 10 championship game. Am I wrong on this?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Took a drive to Eden Prairie after the gamewatch to visit friends who are not sports fans. Then off to wash car. Then off to food store. I am less toxic to be around after burning off some time.

I do have a short term suggestion and that is not allow Rhoads into Hilton for any basketball games. I am afraid that what he has and brings might be contagious. So, coach, stay the **** home.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So people who are smarter than me when it comes to football. Who do I want to win the OSU-MSU game? I was thinking MSU since that would drop OSU and put Oklahoma State and Oklahoma in a better chance to get in if they keep winning (Since I'm assuming Iowa will lose in the big 10 championship game. Am I wrong on this?

MSU under the assumption that Iowa will lose in the conference championship.

Honestly, I'd rather have OSU be undefeated because then they'd be playing with a purpose in the conference championship game to make it into the playoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.