Random thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Did you miss the part about very VERY?

You know, that sounds a lot like...when I was younger, I worked in a place with a bunch of late middle aged women...and apparently, as a young man, they felt the need to share things with me...lots of things.

This one lady would tell me how she had a standing deal with her husband that if he cleaned the house from top to bottom to her standards, he would get a....well...how not get banned...beejay. I asked how often he cleaned the house...she said "never"...I asked if he was just not interested or what. She said, no, he caught onto my game pretty quick...he'd spend all day cleaning the house, then I'd find one thing he didn't do right so I could get out of my end of the deal, 'cause I had no intention of paying up in the first place, so he did it twice I think and hasn't since.

That sounds just like this whole 'pie' deal.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You started it:

You know, that sounds a lot like...when I was younger, I worked in a place with a bunch of late middle aged women...and apparently, as a young man, they felt the need to share things with me...lots of things.

This one lady would tell me how she had a standing deal with her husband that if he cleaned the house from top to bottom to her standards, he would get a....well...how not get banned...beejay. I asked how often he cleaned the house...she said "never"..

You derailed it.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

This one lady would tell me how she had a standing deal with her husband that if he cleaned the house from top to bottom to her standards, he would get a....well...how not get banned...beejay. I asked how often he cleaned the house...she said "never"...I asked if he was just not interested or what. She said, no, he caught onto my game pretty quick...he'd spend all day cleaning the house, then I'd find one thing he didn't do right so I could get out of my end of the deal, 'cause I had no intention of paying up in the first place, so he did it twice I think and hasn't since.

That sounds just like this whole 'pie' deal.

Uh, what? The hell would you tell someone that for?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I sweat so much when I'm at the gym. It would almost be comical if it wasn't so embarrassing. I don't get it. I'm not one of those guys that is just sweating all the time. Only at the gym. So weird.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I lived in the East bay & worked in downtown SF for 2.5 years before I moved here.

When I say I like sushi, I mean I like SUSHI. Favorites are salmon, tuna, squid & octopusl Don't like the scrambled egg ones or any of the roes (salmon roe is gushy, sea urchin & smelt row are equal parts salty, crunchy & NASTY).

There are a couple of places now that make passable Sushi (HyVee is NOT one of them), but none of them come close to Isobune Sushi in Japantown. That's the ONLY thing I miss about San Francisco: fresh seafood & quality ethnic food. :)

Try Miyabi 9 in the East Village or Akebono across the street from the Hotel Fort Des Moines. Best two sushi spots I've found in Des Moines so far.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
What's the difference between a milk shake and a frappe (not the ones at Starbucks, but the ice cream thing on the east coast)? Is there one, or is this another case of east coast people being weird?

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
I'm making three pies today - fresh cherry, peach and pecan (or apple, haven't checked my supplies yet). They're going to my in-laws, and from they will be sold by the piece at the Breda 4th of July celebration tomorrow night. So there ya go. Get in your car and drive.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Daughter left a half empty cup of milk on the table last night after dinner. Just watched her wash her donut down with a big swig of old warm milk.

The look on her face was priceless. I could have stopped it, but I decided it was a good life lesson about clearing off the table......that, and it was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.