Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
All the guys talking about baking (and the rain) got me to make some crisp of the rhubarb for first time in a couple of years. Been awhile, brown sugar in the cabinet was a solid brick. Tossed a slice of bread into so it should soften up for next time.

jxTGLm4VoPbHfHFK-kiZab-asYb4qi6Pf9WGZDvQ5MLzDWGOTMqtlBJVdnhRNoF1I2Z-r5yPuwXguVKsCny-G9psMvB_qYrLqBvOy5dOk18sP0KSIUzlpICwqVH5blWQGgnnfg729THeMILTb68QK0LadvqbdxWlMVEWoOEtDW8vQ3Dqoa6jX1Cca6ItThvzWRVJkfRqiGer0FNwWlFsDnpWFlrv3Xcr_hY8KLs6U3sc6R3DnVSFWOrM-elSkYKqDUo1iGsRSClUpcAgyr-wi2tiRP_oKqBQLlyUiPNblZXsUtdeQwhgO43DkGlhG5OJ6bJjTmgdN1PVwdQdFNbens7adxkeyhtnyfNZ1ZR5ob9K7XnuToQjlk_QqflGekhqjiFNw8HWdMrqNPNvkTiLJR8H9EbCCmQ5Vyc3TbxXHd4QJKt5UUFD5L6DSk-W1ZZAZiu-hejNj4XLl6J1L4FG_EKSJneX8uc7h6nBDvR7L_fZXja3rIi1GeM2Q6T3skQmR1rmsGJOT1e3EMykUTtNehsr1A7lLF7xRVxUXYUPAPK2tPRExwiwIs9ozFOj5x-fPPfUgzw2V98zfP1zPsjCuQeNqQJBIjcaunZOwTE9rNPgz7R8uWYkWyRNPX6gK-wx-INpiLNwzHcZcPVxwJl5JsuhzSle2Xg=w469-h625-no

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Through work I have encountered only the second person I know with the first name Romie (Romy in this case). Made me think of Johnny and his wife - who had to be a saint.
I met Romie about two weeks after we moved to Ames. One of my hand-hooked rugs had been damaged in the move, and I was looking for the correct canvas (locker hook rug canvas) to patch & re-hook it. No internet back then. Someone told me to check with the Octagon in old Ames because they worked with a lot of craft people. They said, "oh I bet Romie will have some". They called her up, and Romie said "send her over". So I go over to this beautiful house in the woody section west of campus. Go up to the door and "heeeeeere's Johnny!" Only I've only been here a couple of weeks, and I have NO clue who he is. So he takes me to where Romie is, and she & I chat for a while, she gives me a section of canvas, then starts showing me her projects around her house. Warm, genuine, generous...and yeah, I think she probably qualified for sainthood. She referred to the basketball players as "her boys", and according to her they were frequently in the basement playing Nintendo. :D

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
People were blocking the aisle on my plane during a medical emergency. Some woman passed out and they were giving her oxygen and IV and stuff. When we landed people stood up and blocked the stretcher coming on and coming off.

I told a woman standing in the way that I hope she missed her flight and if she was ever in an emergency that people stood in her way

Was that a **** move to tell her that? My friends and I are currently debating and I thought I would ask RT
I don't know that I would have said "I hope that people stand in your way if you ever have a medical emergency." Because at that point you're saying "I hope you suffer/are harmed more/die." I might have phrased it as "would you want someone to be in your way if you were suffering a medical emergency" or "I won't be very sympathetic if someone stands in your way when you have an emergency."

But I think it's more than fine to say you hope she misses her flight, and to call her an *******

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
People were blocking the aisle on my plane during a medical emergency. Some woman passed out and they were giving her oxygen and IV and stuff. When we landed people stood up and blocked the stretcher coming on and coming off.

I told a woman standing in the way that I hope she missed her flight and if she was ever in an emergency that people stood in her way

Was that a **** move to tell her that? My friends and I are currently debating and I thought I would ask RT

Sometimes people need a reminder not to be so self centered, and you did that for her. I vote not a d*ck move.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I met Romie about two weeks after we moved to Ames. One of my hand-hooked rugs had been damaged in the move, and I was looking for the correct canvas (locker hook rug canvas) to patch & re-hook it. No internet back then. Someone told me to check with the Octagon in old Ames because they worked with a lot of craft people. They said, "oh I bet Romie will have some". They called her up, and Romie said "send her over". So I go over to this beautiful house in the woody section west of campus. Go up to the door and "heeeeeere's Johnny!" Only I've only been here a couple of weeks, and I have NO clue who he is. So he takes me to where Romie is, and she & I chat for a while, she gives me a section of canvas, then starts showing me her projects around her house. Warm, genuine, generous...and yeah, I think she probably qualified for sainthood. She referred to the basketball players as "her boys", and according to her they were frequently in the basement playing Nintendo. :D

I think we have the winning story for today's version of RTT cool story KC! When Johnny came to campus he worked every dorm floor, fraternity, sorority on campus to get kids to go to games. Man he could tell great stories in those settings. Being a broke ass college student I never jumped on board till I got a free ticket from a kid who had a test that night It was the Barry Stevens Missouri game became a fan for life season tickets ever since.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

This. Is. Awesome.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Goooood grief.

It's 5:37a, and I don't think I've seen a weirder looking sky. At first I was going to say it's red or pink, but looking at the clouds? It's Kraft Mac&Cheese orange. And raining steadily.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Goooood grief.

It's 5:37a, and I don't think I've seen a weirder looking sky. At first I was going to say it's red or pink, but looking at the clouds? It's Kraft Mac&Cheese orange. And raining steadily.

Hasn't rained here yet, but yeah, at 5:30 the sky was really weird. The whole neighborhood kind of glowed dull orange. I have a feeling this storm could be nasty.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Sky just opened up here in Des Moines. I can barely see the street from my office window.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Our trip to Grimes is very tenuous today. That stinks.

This thread about "Hawks" and the NBA. Is that one making fun of Iowa or Kansas, and why did it need to happen when our guys got drafted?

Pretty much a senseless thread, some yrs we don't get anyone drafted, it's not like we are Kentucky, Duke, UNC. I wonder what Wiggi is thinking today? I hope they all find jobs that they like. Congrats to Shayok and THT for getting offers though.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
has "internetman" added anything of value yet to this board? As a poster, he's an illiterate idiot. As a troll, he's barely coherent, and not funny at all.

I saw your reply on that thread. :D Also, I had to respond to alarson, who basically blamed all boomers for the (expected) loss of social benefit funds. Like we had any control over that.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I saw your reply on that thread. :D Also, I had to respond to alarson, who basically blamed all boomers for the (expected) loss of social benefit funds. Like we had any control over that.

Well, I personally voted every chance I had to maximize corporate welfare, support a technological revolution that would eliminate middle class labor jobs, kill unions, kill corporate pension plans, **** up health care affordability and stagnant wages. o_O Pretty sure those were all big platform items that just resonated with me. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.