Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Still waiting to hear back from my sister. We're hoping that we can put him in a memory-loss living arrangement at least temporarily...until my sister gets back from her trip. If not, I'm probably going to have to go down to lend a hand until my step-brother can get there or my sister returns in several weeks.

We have been suggesting they move to a graduated assisted living complex for at least 10 years, and have been urging it more strongly the last two...to no avail. Now it has become an emergency situation, and may involve an involuntary committal if we don't get his agreement. He is not capable of caring for himself, and his wife is bed-ridden.

At this point, my advice is - if you have elderly parents convince them to make long-term plans for their care, BEFORE it becomes an emergency.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
wxman, I am not a realtor, but I bet if you get it single digits from their goal, they won't turn it down. Depending how far off that is for you guys.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
wxman, I am not a realtor, but I bet if you get it single digits from their goal, they won't turn it down. Depending how far off that is for you guys.

Yeah. I would be shocked if they turned this offer down.

KC-will be praying for you.

I am also tracking BU's flight. He is currently in the arctic circle. In a couple of hours he will be coming back south over Russia!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Yeah. I would be shocked if they turned this offer down.

KC-will be praying for you.

I am also tracking BU's flight. He is currently in the arctic circle. In a couple of hours he will be coming back south over Russia!

hope you get an acceptance!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
KC, my uncle started having memory issues after his wife became ill. They put them in excellent assisted living with a memory unit. He improved enough eventually to get out of the memory unit. Of course not everyone is the same. And I am guessing the good places are very expensive.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
On the Stephen A Smith thread, Bodeclone claims the following people are more annoying than Stephen A Smith: GTO, CloneinWDSM, CycloneFanSince1878, CycloneRulzzzzzzzzz, cmjh10, cydkar, and cyclonepride.

No Cy$, of course.

Wow these must be the uber cool kids. Congrats.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Currently sitting in Detroit awaiting my short and quick 13 hour flight

:nah:

It's been so long since you posted I was wondering if you'd been drugged and sold into the sex trade already. Have a good summer. It'll be a neat opportunity.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Think good thoughts for me...and for my Daddy. I may be having to take an unplanned trip in the next few days. His wife has in-home 24/7 hospice now, but his dementia is getting in the way...and making him very mean.

Dear Lord, I really don't want to do this...

Thoughts and prayers KC. I know you'll do well navigating through all this stuff.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
KC, my uncle started having memory issues after his wife became ill. They put them in excellent assisted living with a memory unit. He improved enough eventually to get out of the memory unit. Of course not everyone is the same. And I am guessing the good places are very expensive.

Daddy was a savvy investor, and got in on the ground floor with Microsoft. Cost is not a problem...unless you ask Daddy. He's a product of the depression era, and has reverted to that in his confusion. He feels that the in-home care they are getting is too expensive, and keeps trying to fire caregivers. He's better if he's taking his meds (for various health issues) as his temper is less volatile, but no one seems to be able to make him take the meds (at six different times over the course of the day).

He is also writing love letters to my mother (who died 37 years ago). Needless to say, that's not helping the strained relationship with his wife (and they have been married for over 30 years)...

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I'm ok closing it, but I'm guessing some posters want to see how many posts can be squeezed out of this one.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
On the Stephen A Smith thread, Bodeclone claims the following people are more annoying than Stephen A Smith: GTO, CloneinWDSM, CycloneFanSince1878, CycloneRulzzzzzzzzz, cmjh10, cydkar, and cyclonepride.

No Cy$, of course.

I got called out, sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.