Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I understand that said thread was not a kind one, but that poster had started making game threads even worse than normal.

What I found rich was that one poster referred to me as a new "know it all" doosh. I'm not new. I likely can be a doosh, but the whole point was to oppose a 'Know it all", not to be one.

But at least I'm now being stalked by another arsehole poster who is dumbing all of my posts. I'm sure this one will get the same treatment, so at least I've got that going for me.

EDIT: The arsehole poster is revealed.

EDIT 2: Velo joins the party.:jlh:
:jlh:

Last edited:

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
Trying to catch a ground hog. So far I’ve got a possum (wandered in while we were on vacay and was dead when found). Now a skunk, unsure what my options are here. Are skunks useful?
Don't think I'd try to catch one, they take offense to that and can make you smell a little offensive. :)

They eat tons of insects, also mice and other small animals, and carrion. They're quite fun to watch for a while, you can get fairly close since their eyesight is poor as long as you stay downwind. They'll keep a distance from you if they scent you, but OTOH they're accustomed to going pretty much where they want and can be a significant nuisance for that basic reason. You or a pet are at risk of a surprise encounter at night especially, which usually won't turn out well.

Had a young one hanging out around a farm shed last spring, kept hoping it would move on because had a hunting dog take one on years ago and once is enough. I think a neighbor solved my dilemma, so I recommend chasing yours over to a neighbor.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Don't think I'd try to catch one, they take offense to that and can make you smell a little offensive. :)

They eat tons of insects, also mice and other small animals, and carrion. They're quite fun to watch for a while, you can get fairly close since their eyesight is poor as long as you stay downwind. They'll keep a distance from you if they scent you, but OTOH they're accustomed to going pretty much where they want and can be a significant nuisance for that basic reason. You or a pet are at risk of a surprise encounter at night especially, which usually won't turn out well.

Had a young one hanging out around a farm shed last spring, kept hoping it would move on because had a hunting dog take one on years ago and once is enough. I think a neighbor solved my dilemma, so I recommend chasing yours over to a neighbor.
I thought you were talking about groundhogs at first, but then remembered that BC had switched to skunks.
My 2 cents regarding groundhogs...they are hilarious when they are drunk. Our neighbor has a pear tree. She never picks the fruit at the top, so it super-ripens and falls to the ground and ferments. The local groundhog couple gets into those fermented pears and after choeing down for a while they can barely waddle home!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

It’s in the trap. People told me that if I drop it that it will release its scent. It’s inside a shed and really don’t want that.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
It’s in the trap. People told me that if I drop it that it will release its scent. It’s inside a shed and really don’t want that.
Always heard if you caught a skunk in a trap the best way to transport is to put a thick (i.e. light blocking) blanket/canvas around the trap before you try to move it. I guess they feel less threatened and shouldn't spray.
Then you just need to move it without jostling it too much, basically if it doesn't feel overly threatened you should be able to at least get it out of your shed. Godspeed.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I understand that said thread was not a kind one, but that poster had started making game threads even worse than normal.

What I found rich was that one poster referred to me as a new "know it all" doosh. I'm not new. I likely can be a doosh, but the whole point was to oppose a 'Know it all", not to be one.

But at least I'm now being stalked by another arsehole poster who is dumbing all of my posts. I'm sure this one will get the same treatment, so at least I've got that going for me.
I'm a know it all doosh so I can tell who is a know it all doosh and I don't find you to be a know it all doosh. You're more of an ambulance chaser kind of doosh.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I'm a know it all doosh so I can tell who is a know it all doosh and I don't find you to be a know it all doosh. You're more of an ambulance chaser kind of doosh.
In a non ambulance chaser sort of way, of course, because I don't do personal injury litigation. But I understand...my general dooshiness is clearly quite flexible. I'll just have to be satisfied with that, I guess.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Always heard if you caught a skunk in a trap the best way to transport is to put a thick (i.e. light blocking) blanket/canvas around the trap before you try to move it. I guess they feel less threatened and shouldn't spray.
Then you just need to move it without jostling it too much, basically if it doesn't feel overly threatened you should be able to at least get it out of your shed. Godspeed.
What about flooding the area with knockout gas to incapacitate the skunk so that BCC can remove it while it is asleep (and maybe put it in his neighbor's mailbox or something responsible like that?)

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
Ah, I misunderstood, your skunk problem is a little more intimate.

Fermented pears seem like the best solution.

Beer worked in college but that was to get them INTO the shed. Oh wait, this is about skunks, off topic

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I would think that would be your best attempt. Of course you've got to get the blanket over the trap.
Skunks really just like to mind their own business and spraying is a last resort. They are nocturnal scavengers that will first freeze in hopes you don't notice them, then they'll pat their front paws on the ground to warn you to stay away and then they'll spray.

One time my mom was feeding her flock of feral cats and there was a skunk mixed among them chowing down on the cat food like one of the gang.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
What about flooding the area with knockout gas to incapacitate the skunk so that BCC can remove it while it is asleep (and maybe put it in his neighbor's mailbox or something responsible like that?)
Like the Russians did at that theater a while ago? I can get behind referring to BC as the Putin of Hancock County.

Reactions: CloneLawman
Status
Not open for further replies.