Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I honestly don’t pay as much attention as I should to some news events. Got tired of everything is politics all the time and kinda tuned out news. I think I remember hearing some of this in some of my ag news stuff.

There is a large egg farm near me. It used to have close to 10MM birds, but with the conversions they are making, they are down to 500k or so last I heard. They sold specifically liquid eggs to McDs. I know they are still working on conversions and have doubled the barns and I heard they are figuring they can go to 3-4 MM by the time everything is done.

Not sure if this is the norm or just them changing since they got sold.
Most likely converting to cage free eggs as that is a big marketing ploy. Of course that means fewer eggs per acre so prices go up

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
After using it at my workplace for the past couple year, and needing to use it to apply for jobs recently, workday is an awful awful system and whoever created it should feel bad.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
After using it at my workplace for the past couple year, and needing to use it to apply for jobs recently, workday is an awful awful system and whoever created it should feel bad.
Are you an Iowa State employee? If not, we’re way ahead of you with bad experiences and opinions regarding Workday.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well nephew and nieces day was successful but damn it's getting expensive it was 13 adults and a child ended up with well over $300 bucks into it by the time it was all said and done. But we all had fun and seemed to enjoy it so I'm good with it.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Are you an Iowa State employee? If not, we’re way ahead of you with bad experiences and opinions regarding Workday.
No, but I did use it for applying for a job at Iowa State. Its such a horrible system; not sure why its used so widely.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Work trip to Rockford for a couple of days starting tomorrow. My anxiety about it a couple of days ago was pretty high but has come down some for now at least. Should be home to put the kids to bed on Wednesday is helping as well.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Work trip to Rockford for a couple of days starting tomorrow. My anxiety about it a couple of days ago was pretty high but has come down some for now at least. Should be home to put the kids to bed on Wednesday is helping as well.

WOOT WOOT expense account steaks and booze!!

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Well nephew and nieces day was successful but damn it's getting expensive it was 13 adults and a child ended up with well over $300 bucks into it by the time it was all said and done. But we all had fun and seemed to enjoy it so I'm good with it.
Kind of looked for you, but there were a lot of people there yesterday. Good day for an ISU victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.