Random Thoughts 17: Here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Seems to alway happen to me. Been calling and emailing a person for the last couple of months on some equipment we are offering them first dibs on it. I called one final time today hoping they might answer, to no avail. I proceed to then email someone else about it.... and as fate would have it the first person leaves me a voicemail 15 minutes after I have already emailed the offer to someone else. :rolleyes:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Seems to alway happen to me. Been calling and emailing a person for the last couple of months on some equipment we are offering them first dibs on it. I called one final time today hoping they might answer, to no avail. I proceed to then email someone else about it.... and as fate would have it the first person leaves me a voicemail 15 minutes after I have already emailed the offer to someone else. :rolleyes:
You snooze, you lose. They should have responded sooner!

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
It's so hard to buy when they get older. My mother is 89 and wants nothing. I seem to get a new Yeti every 6 months or so for work so I gave her one of mine(not in place of a gift). Apparently, it's all the senior citizens could talk about for weeks. I've since given her 3 other sizes, she'll probably be on the most hated list shortly.

I've gotten to the point where I buy my parents things like:
air filter
car detail gift certificate
clothes that are decent that they normally wouldn't spend the money on like brands REI carry

was almost thinking about a roomba this year

I'm still used to cooking for a family (instead of 2). We have a FoodSaver, so rather than eat leftovers for days on end, I'll vacuum seal portions for 1-2 people and freeze them. For a few years I gave big bags of meals to my parents and Aunt (will be 76 yrs old this winter). I discovered my parents haven't eaten what I made, so now my Aunt is the sole recipient. She absolutely loves it. No cooking and she has a variety of things to eat that's not from a can.

I bought the slip in Skecher shoes last year for my Dad and he absolutely loves them. No bending over. No tying laces. He claims they're just for wearing around the house, though said sometimes he forgets and goes to town wearing them. This year I found a dressier pair he can wear when he goes to town.

Mom - she's hard to buy for. Usually a nice big sweatshirt and some flavored Keurig cappuccino. The past few months she's been declining and regressing - Dad said when she's awake all she wants to watch on tv are cartoons or old westerns. She has always loved Roy Rogers, so I'm trying to find a sweatshirt she'd like. It can't have Dale Evans on it, though. She absolutely dislikes her. LOL.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I want so much to laugh at this, but that new name of yours makes me hold it in. Pun intended.
When my month is up I will resume the old name. I found I can't even pretend to be such a pissy type.

That is unless you can use your magical Mod powers to change it back to Clone Lawman before the month had passed.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
When my month is up I will resume the old name. I found I can't even pretend to be such a pissy type.

That is unless you can use your magical Mod powers to change it back to Clone Lawman before the month had passed.
I'm sure I could find someone .....
You'd still need to change your other content to be more appropriate, so maybe aim for the first day of the "new" month. You can hang on for a few more days, I'd say. No home athletic events during this time.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Kc where do I find the MBB elimination game?

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I think “Rudolph” is on TV tonight. These classics sure take me back.

• Agree
Reactions: RLD4ISU

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

I took care of this just now

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Nothing like KCCI trying to rewrite a news notice from the city of Ames and using two words that don't belong together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron