ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Email from our group leader today...

Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you all know that Kilauea, one of the five volcanoes on the Big Island of Hawaii, burst back into life yesterday morning and is erupting inside its summit crater (caldera).

This is brilliant! It was doing the same for the group last year and then stopped. I am hoping that it continues to erupt for us through October (it often goes for years before a short pause).

Is this dangerous? No - this is a safe eruption and we will be able to walk up to the edge of the caldera and look in (at night is the best). That said, we will always follow the direction of the scientific and emergency experts to keep everyone safe.

I will send out a newsletter in July with some updates.

So for now - have a wonderful summer/winter (for those down under).

o_O

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Had my 6 (actually 7) week post op checkup. Can lose the neck brace and start PT next week. X-rays look great. July 20th is the next X-ray and check up and if everything goes as planned, I’ll be fully cleared.

Pretty cool to see the hardware in my neck.

View attachment 113588
Huh. Wanna see my ankle? ;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Email from our group leader today...

Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you all know that Kilauea, one of the five volcanoes on the Big Island of Hawaii, burst back into life yesterday morning and is erupting inside its summit crater (caldera).

This is brilliant! It was doing the same for the group last year and then stopped. I am hoping that it continues to erupt for us through October (it often goes for years before a short pause).

Is this dangerous? No - this is a safe eruption and we will be able to walk up to the edge of the caldera and look in (at night is the best). That said, we will always follow the direction of the scientific and emergency experts to keep everyone safe.

I will send out a newsletter in July with some updates.

So for now - have a wonderful summer/winter (for those down under).

o_O
Safe eruption? That’s what we all say.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Had my 6 (actually 7) week post op checkup. Can lose the neck brace and start PT next week. X-rays look great. July 20th is the next X-ray and check up and if everything goes as planned, I’ll be fully cleared.

View attachment 113588
It kind of looks like the poptop of a beer can. Or maybe I just want a beer after a long day at work.

• Agree
Reactions: GMackey32

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Got all sorts of rods and plates in there? I have two giant screws in my knee from my ACL repair.
Rods & plates are for amateurs. I've got a whole new joint!
The black cushion between the two pieces works like the cartilage. If I do too much side to side motion with my ankle (example - hiking over rough ground without boots that support my ankles, or playing tennis), that cushion will wear down. However, it's an easy fix. It's not like a knee replacement where, if it fails, you have to replace the whole joint. Nope - on this, just a small lateral incision, pop out the old cushion, insert a new cushion, stitch it up & I'm up and moving in a day or two. Ain't technology grand? :D

1686261248654.png

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020

View attachment 113588
I have similar hardware that's a bit higher up

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Yeah they put bone grafts between 5-6 and 6-7 for me. I’ve never felt better though!
From the xray it looks like they placed this on the back side, is that correct? Mine is in the front. That's good that it made things better for you.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
There's also a baby elephant walk...

Flashback to 1962 or so. Parental units were visiting friends to play cards and drink in the kitchen. Big small town 1950's and 1960's social activity, cards and drinking some while play da cards. Little sister and I were supposed to stay in the living room and play or watch TV. Peeps had the Henry Mancini produced sound track album for Hatari. Little Boxster totally dug the elephant walk tune and was playing it on repeat till adults came and said enough was enough. :rolleyes:

They also had this album below. Might have been 12 year old Boxster's real intro to folk. Good stuff on that old album.

peter-paul-and-mary-debut-album.jpg

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Rods & plates are for amateurs. I've got a whole new joint!
The black cushion between the two pieces works like the cartilage. If I do too much side to side motion with my ankle (example - hiking over rough ground without boots that support my ankles, or playing tennis), that cushion will wear down. However, it's an easy fix. It's not like a knee replacement where, if it fails, you have to replace the whole joint. Nope - on this, just a small lateral incision, pop out the old cushion, insert a new cushion, stitch it up & I'm up and moving in a day or two. Ain't technology grand? :D

View attachment 113590
I know this is an ankle but that top part looks a little questionable

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone
Status
Not open for further replies.