Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Oh yay?
We're going there in early October on a geocaching group tour, specifically to cache on and around the volcanoes on the big island. Our fearless leader may need to choose alternate sites on the island!
Speaking of caching. Is it worth it to go the subscription route to get access to those caches?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Speaking of caching. Is it worth it to go the subscription route to get access to those caches?
For us? Absolutely, because we do a lot of caching, and you run out of caches real quick if you only have access to the non-premium caches. Lew & I each have subscriptions, but if you're taking the kids out, you'd only need one subscription. If you have the kids log into your account with another phone or tablet, everyone can share the same GPS directions, We like being able to each claim our own finds, but we see a lot of user names that are husband/wife like BethAndGary, or family names like BiscuittBunch.

Reactions: wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
On the off-chance you'd like to impress someone with your vocabulary (or befuddle them), this page might come in useful. I can think of some threads on this board that qualify.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
For us? Absolutely, because we do a lot of caching, and you run out of caches real quick if you only have access to the non-premium caches. Lew & I each have subscriptions, but if you're taking the kids out, you'd only need one subscription. If you have the kids log into your account with another phone or tablet, everyone can share the same GPS directions, We like being able to each claim our own finds, but we see a lot of user names that are husband/wife like BethAndGary, or family names like BiscuittBunch.
We aren't to that point yet but there are a number of the premium ones close to us.

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
On the off-chance you'd like to impress someone with your vocabulary (or befuddle them), this page might come in useful. I can think of some threads on this board that qualify.
Sounds like a challenge:

Maimeter immaculium phosphylkins doubleness mingharded ejecks buckmating codivirgo carlia

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
An e walk is kinda milling about as a group but not accomplishing anything, the other is standing around pleasing themselves.
I was thinking of the elephant walk definition used by the air force. It's when a bunch of large aircraft taxi closely together on a runway. I now see that there is a different definition.

There's also urban dictionary definitions if you dare to look.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was thinking of the elephant walk definition used by the air force. It's when a bunch of large aircraft taxi closely together on a runway. I now see that there is a different definition.

I going off what the frat boys always said.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

There's also a baby elephant walk...

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Had my 6 (actually 7) week post op checkup. Can lose the neck brace and start PT next week. X-rays look great. July 20th is the next X-ray and check up and if everything goes as planned, I’ll be fully cleared.

Pretty cool to see the hardware in my neck.

IMG_6142.jpeg

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Had my 6 (actually 7) week post op checkup. Can lose the neck brace and start PT next week. X-rays look great. July 20th is the next X-ray and check up and if everything goes as planned, I’ll be fully cleared.

Pretty cool to see the hardware in my neck.

View attachment 113588
This explains a lot. Good thing they remembered that screw driver.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and GMackey32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron