Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Oh well, on the upside, now I can watch "Last Christmas" again. We found it last Christmas. If you haven't seen it, it stars Emilie Clarke (GOT) and Henry Golding (Crazy Rich Asians). Sweet, funny Christmas romance that has a different twist.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Every damn kid has to cause issues with MrsWx. She is spending the night in the hospital after what we perceived to be some heart complications but all tests have come back normal. She is fine for the most part and baby is perfectly okay so we will see what the morning brings.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Every damn kid has to cause issues with MrsWx. She is spending the night in the hospital after what we perceived to be some heart complications but all tests have come back normal. She is fine for the most part and baby is perfectly okay so we will see what the morning brings.

I've been totally absentee (likely coming back before long, get excited!) but she's getting pretty close, right? I still feel like that appendix was just a year or two ago. Hopefully she's all good and gets to come home. Hospitals are no place for sleep.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I've been totally absentee (likely coming back before long, get excited!) but she's getting pretty close, right? I still feel like that appendix was just a year or two ago. Hopefully she's all good and gets to come home. Hospitals are no place for sleep.
We have missed your wit.
And your rants.
And your game descriptions.
And we need more toddler stories!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
We have missed your wit.
And your rants.
And your game descriptions.
And we need more toddler stories!

ok so here's one. DH played sax in HS. He dug it out at Thanksgiving. In-laws have a toy one. I now have an ADORABLE video of toddler playing on toy sax dueting with DH trying to recall sax from 15 yrs ago lol. Brought it back to our house. I've never, ever played. DH set it up for me and I gave a terrible blow (that's what she said). Immediately, toddler goes "no mommy, you stop. Daddy, you play."

He's the second favorite son now. Favorite son gained 2 teeth this week and scootches forward like he has any business trying to crawl. Been a crazy work finishing up work and now a sick toddler, baby, plus interviewing. It's fine, it's fine. Hope all have been well here. Midnight is often when I check in, check out and go to sleep!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Got a letter from the city of Omaha about my 2 ash trees.
Either cut them down or get them treated due to the proximity to the sidewalk and road. I guess they don't want a tree dying and eventually falling into the road.

Not sure what I should do, treatment isn't cheap from what I understand and you need to do it every 2 years. Of course I would prefer to move once I am finished with work so I could probably treat them once and let the next owner deal with it from there.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Either cut them down or get them treated due to the proximity to the sidewalk and road. I guess they don't want a tree dying and eventually falling into the road.

Not sure what I should do, treatment isn't cheap from what I understand and you need to do it every 2 years. Of course I would prefer to move once I am finished with work so I could probably treat them once and let the next owner deal with it from there.
How do you prove treatment? My mom had one on our property line, my guy told me that it is very obvious when the tree needs to be treated and when it is past that point.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

We lost a ginormous ash as part of our deck project, one that wasn't in the plans to be taken. It was still outwardly healthy, and there was no sign of EAB on it. Unfortunately, it was dying on the inside, and would have soon become a perfect home for the little buggers. Additionally, it was on a slope, but it had a decided lean to the south directly over the house. When you've just put in a glass-walled addition, it's probably not a good idea to have a death tree hanging over it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.