Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Home inspection was today. Among getting the rest of the house clean and getting out we forgot to take stuff out of MrsWx's closet so the attic could be accessed and they now want to come back at 8AM on Saturday. This is likely the biggest issue as there was evidence of mold when we bought it six years ago. A bit worried about that.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Is it wrong that I worry every time I take my car to jiffy lube I worry that these yea-hoo’s don’t actually do anything but just charge me for oil they didn’t actually change?
That and I worry that they won't put the oil plug back in.

Actually, you should have some confidence. They spot that all of my filters are dirty every time that I go there.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Actually, you should have some confidence. They spot that all of my filters are dirty every time that I go there
That's why I just go to the dealership for oil changes. Jiffy Screw will just rub some dirty oil onto a piece of cardboard and tell you some other fluid is dirty and needs to be changed.

Reactions: jcyclonee

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Happy Birthday Rulzzz!!

birthday-rockstar.gif

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
6 days in I still feel like garbage.
Don't do nothing! Six days is a long time, especially post-Covid. We need you here.
And it's your birthday -- can't celebrate appropriately when you don't feel good.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Don't do nothing! Six days is a long time, especially post-Covid. We need you here.
And it's your birthday -- can't celebrate appropriately when you don't feel good.

Just had a Dr appointment great way to spend a birthday by the way. She's putting me on an antibiotic that hopefully puts an end to this crap.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just had a Dr appointment great way to spend a birthday by the way. She's putting me on an antibiotic that hopefully puts an end to this crap.

Fireball is my go to for cough and chest congestion during the day. I had strep throat in college and would take a capful of everclear before going each class for a couple of days. Sure did the trick!

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and alarson

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Fireball is my go to for cough and chest congestion during the day. I had strep throat in college and would take a capful of everclear before going each class for a couple of days. Sure did the trick!
We may have been roommates. I did this too

• Winner
Reactions: cycloner29

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Even if this did the trick I will never drink that stuff after nearly suffering alcohol poisoning by drinking too much in a brief period of time.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I did, too.
Broke a piece off a tooth on Friday, got it "fixed" enough for now, crown on the horizon after as the pre-treatment estimate comes back. I need to put it off until 2022 so I have Flex $ for it.
I was just in a month ago for a regular checkup and all appeared well.
I really don't mind going to the dentist. It just can be expensive at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron