Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I was working a fundraiser so I only saw bits and pieces of the game. FS1 is replying it right now.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Sons friends went home so being on the outside seats we said we could squeeze 4 into 3. So I put my hoodie exactly where my seat is as a marker so we wouldn’t spill over. People beside us were getting irritated that we had an extra, once again we didn’t encroach in them. It turns out that the couple on the other side was eating 2.67 seats and they couldn’t spill into our three. Seat backs may happen next year. The outside sitters always get their seats taken

Then Enyi’s gf and her mom (from where we live) left and my wife sat in their seats since the gf’s aunt was a classmate/friend of my wife. All of my kids hit the field. I let them go this time. They are old enough.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Sons friends went home so being on the outside seats we said we could squeeze 4 into 3. So I put my hoodie exactly where my seat is as a marker so we wouldn’t spill over. People beside us were getting irritated that we had an extra, once again we didn’t encroach in them. It turns out that the couple on the other side was eating 2.67 seats and they couldn’t spill into our three. Seat backs may happen next year. The outside sitters always get their seats taken

Then Enyi’s gf and her mom (from where we live) left and my wife sat in their seats since the gf’s aunt was a classmate/friend of my wife. All of my kids hit the field. I let them go this time. They are old enough.
10% of seatbacks is not sitting on the cold metal. 10% of seatbacks is keeping the knees of the tall person behind you at least slightly in check. 80% of seatbacks is protecting your butt space from encroaching legs & cheeks. :D

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We walk down the ramp in the NW corner. The team tunnel goes under that ramp and there is a big open apron of patio between the tunnel and the performance center & locker rooms where the player families wait to greet their sons. We saw this small knot of about 7-8 people left, and the woman at the center starts jumping up & down and squealing "there he is, there he is!!!", and Jaylen Noel comes flying out of the tunnel and launches himself into his Momma's arms. Brought a huge smile to my face. It was a reminder that when all is said and done, these really ARE mostly just kids playing a game they love. <3

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Big bang like a HUGE cherry bomb explosion behind my house and than the power went out. Was the transformer fuse blowing. The offending squirrel sort of fried himself. Power was out not even 30 minutes. Jeez, service truck must have been in the hood just lurking. I'll probably fish the dead fried squirrel out of my cedar later. Or maybe leave him like a scare crow?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Big bang like a HUGE cherry bomb explosion behind my house and than the power went out. Was the transformer fuse blowing. The offending squirrel sort of fried himself. Power was out not even 30 minutes. Jeez, service truck must have been in the hood just lurking. I'll probably fish the dead fried squirrel out of my cedar later. Or maybe leave him like a scare crow?
It blew him right into your tree? That's pretty crazy.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Great weekend turned ugh.

Saturday was awesome. Sunday was a mess of the kids being ***** some, a visitation for my cousins husband that died from COVID and then our oldest of two cats started acting up. This lead us to take him to the emergency vet, turns out the one in CR can't keep vets on staff so we had to drive to IC. Thankfully ended up just being a partially broken hip and no surgery is required. He is resting in a large dog kennel with everything he needs. Four hours and 15 minutes later we were back home and going to bed at 12:30 this morning.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Darn, 6 day window on the time for the Texa$$ game. With it being time change weekend and me having to babysit idiots that night I would really like to know what time the game will be as it is one of the 3 games for which I have a ticket.
If it's a late kick I might have to just get a hotel and log in after the game as I doubt on a 6:30 kickoff I could make it back to Omaha by 1am

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and SaraV

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is anyone else already tired of the "waket, wakey time for Casey's" ads? Another reason to go to KwikStar.
Those adds are so strange to me.

As much as I know Kwikstar is more efficient for my time, I just feel like I am cheating on my Casey's if I have a choice and don't go there. This is ESPECIALLY true if its an older caseys and not one of those new corporate looking ones.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My inner sloth is telling me it is National Sloth Day. Skeptical since I think he told me last Saturday was National Sloth Day, and last Tuesday and Thursday to.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Darn, 6 day window on the time for the Texa$$ game. With it being time change weekend and me having to babysit idiots that night I would really like to know what time the game will be as it is one of the 3 games for which I have a ticket.
If it's a late kick I might have to just get a hotel and log in after the game as I doubt on a 6:30 kickoff I could make it back to Omaha by 1am

Just take the laptop out to a bar and go for it.

Actually watched our experienced hire recruiter do that at our managers meeting. Two drinks in, talking with one of our Hawaii guys and realized he hadn't contacted this potential new hire (who was in Hawaii). He said screw it, slammed the rest of his drink, and went out onto the patio to do an impromptu phone interview.

Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.