Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Holy shiitake mushrooms.

Driving to the store, and for some reason I was thinking how it would suck ro get in an accident after spending $33 for half a tank of gas this morning.

Five seconds later, I see a moron come speeding up from a side street, lightly tap their brakes, then blow on through. Probably came with two feet of t-boning them after slamming on the brakes.

Teenagers.

• Wow
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Holy shiitake mushrooms.

Driving to the store, and for some reason I was thinking how it would suck ro get in an accident after spending $33 for half a tank of gas this morning.

Five seconds later, I see a moron come speeding up from a side street, lightly tap their brakes, then blow on through. Probably came with two feet of t-boning them after slamming on the brakes.

Teenagers.
How are they? The mushrooms, I mean. Never had them.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
So homecoming weekend. The alumni band is feeling a bit of the shaft. They have always been able to park for free at Scheman but lost that ability this year and now have to fend for themselves and be at practice by 9 or something. In years past they have been able to bring family in to the practice as well which is now held in the Bergstrom. No longer allowed to do that anymore.

not sure how I feel personally. I don’t do alumni band because I decided I enjoyed the game day atmosphere, tailgating etc more than spending the day practicing and in a luncheon. Not to mention no one in my section from my time comes back either.We were planning on taking the kids to practice though so they could see it ip close and to see my dad take part.

• Friendly

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So homecoming weekend. The alumni band is feeling a bit of the shaft. They have always been able to park for free at Scheman but lost that ability this year and now have to fend for themselves and be at practice by 9 or something. In years past they have been able to bring family in to the practice as well which is now held in the Bergstrom. No longer allowed to do that anymore.

not sure how I feel personally. I don’t do alumni band because I decided I enjoyed the game day atmosphere, tailgating etc more than spending the day practicing and in a luncheon. Not to mention no one in my section from my time comes back either.We were planning on taking the kids to practice though so they could see it ip close and to see my dad take part.

Wonder if Lorna is still able to make it down. Think she's 95 now. Haven't seen her in a couple of years.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012

Not to mention, they didn't get their music until Tuesday. Not gonna ruin the "surprise", but it's a piece that's pretty horn heavy, and not all that easy. Husband was able to squeeze maybe an hour of practice in between "normal" work and calling a HS game. He kinda prides himself in not using music on the field, but we'll see what happens this year.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Not to mention, they didn't get their music until Tuesday. Not gonna ruin the "surprise", but it's a piece that's pretty horn heavy, and not all that easy. Husband was able to squeeze maybe an hour of practice in between "normal" work and calling a HS game. He kinda prides himself in not using music on the field, but we'll see what happens this year.
I'm going to go with something by either BS&T or Chicago...
We'll see if I'm right.

Also, I have to admit I'm not particularly motivated to head for the game today. Bad night last night, and my whole body hurts. So @wxman1 , no noise from you if we show up after kickoff. :(

• Friendly

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Watching OU vs KU. KU is up 7-0 at the end of the first quarter. KU scores on the second play of the second quarter, but it's called back due to holding. They end the drive with a made field goal.

Somewhere else on this site I read a rumor about Riley visiting Shreveport...so we were joking that the OU players are PISSED, and they've decided to throw the game just to spite Riley for flirting with LSU.

Doubtful, but funny to consider...

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I'm going to go with something by either BS&T or Chicago...
We'll see if I'm right.

Also, I have to admit I'm not particularly motivated to head for the game today. Bad night last night, and my whole body hurts. So @wxman1 , no noise from you if we show up after kickoff. :(

I sat on the hill with MrsWx and the kids so no report on KC from me today.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I sat on the hill with MrsWx and the kids so no report on KC from me today.

Saw her while following the bands in! (Actually saw Lew first, knew she was near, stopped to quickly say hi!)

And, she posted FB photos from the field storming....taken from the upper deck.

Reactions: wxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.