VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
*eyebrow raise*

-silence-

ANYway...

I've seen a few FB posts that say "10 Fridays until Christmas!"

And I weep.

Because that means Thanksgiving is in six weeks...and work will be a very not so nice place the two weeks leading up to it.
Okay, now I have a pretty good idea what the V stands for...

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
*eyebrow raise*

-silence-

ANYway...

I've seen a few FB posts that say "10 Fridays until Christmas!"

And I weep.

Because that means Thanksgiving is in six weeks...and work will be a very not so nice place the two weeks leading up to it.
Your name isn't nearly as silly as those names. Give yourself an old school first name and you could have fit in pretty well there with the kids with the less silly names.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Folks, this is how you humble brag.

The normal end of year "I need to use vacation hours up". This will be the first year that we have to be at zero or lose them. It also helps that as a company we are shut down between Christmas and New Years so that is kind of a free week of vaca too, my last day to work in December will be the 17th.

Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The normal end of year "I need to use vacation hours up". This will be the first year that we have to be at zero or lose them. It also helps that as a company we are shut down between Christmas and New Years so that is kind of a free week of vaca too, my last day to work in December will be the 17th.
We just had a guy request 4 weeks straight. The only time I have taken more than a week in years was when I lost my parents

Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We just had a guy request 4 weeks straight. The only time I have taken more than a week in years was when I lost my parents

I have had some people go for 1.5-2 weeks. Longest I think was 4-5 weeks from a couple of Indians to go home for a month or so.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I took 2-3 week vacations several times over the last ten years of my career, primarily for 12-14 night cruises. When I retired, I had 400+ hours of vacation time banked (just shy of my max of 2 years accumulation). After 30+ years, I was getting 2.5 days a month, and my boss could never "be without me" for more than a few days. A couple of times she tried to refuse signing off, but when I explained to the department manager that my father's birthday was in March, and I WAS going to be there for his birthday, my boss had to back down.
I tried to use up the extra house by taking either Monday or Friday off for a while, but she insisted that if I was going to take one day off weekly, it had to be Wednesday. So I used the bare minimum to stay under the use it or lose it level, and made her pay out my vacation time when I left. I'm vindictive like that.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
It was 64 in the house when I posted that. The outside temp was 35 when I got up this morning so it was a good call. Would have probably been about 58 inside if I hadn't
When I got home last night it was 63 in our house and I had the same thought of it being in the 50s in the morning so I broke down too. Our kids rooms are in the basement and it is 6-8 degrees cooler down there anyway.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
View attachment 91037
I'll probably be near or in the parking lot for this one. I definitely won't be able to see it because of the angle. Too bad because I've never seen it and I really would like to.
I watched it this morning through the light clouds. For one brief moment it shone so brightly as it was at just the right angle to the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.