Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Rode the big ride. Was worried about the heat, 80+ miles and hills on the first day since I barely trained - I didn't decide to ride until second week of July. DND. Don't get me wrong, it was hot but each day wasn't as bad as I feared. Was a really good week. I even pulled the drink machine the day some of the guys took the gravel loop. Again, DND.
Velo's bike

1627921599235.png

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Until we moved into this house in 2003 and finally bought an oak dining table, my kitchen table was the formica one my parents bought shortly after they married in 1949. I still have it downstairs as a "crafts" table. :)
I'm not a big fan of our disposable society; I love seeing stories like yours and Gr8's
Me either KC. My dad is the ultimate repurposer. He rarely throws any materials away that he might be able to use down the road.

Prime example -- two years ago I was back at their place for the week, helping get things ready for spring/summer.

He was in the middle of building a new sump pump in the basement -- we've had water on the (concrete) floor whenever it rained much.

We got the hole made and bucket cemented in, and we needed to route the drain hose along the wall, turn an inside corner then to the pump.

He had me get a garage door track out of the shed overhead and screwed it to the wall 2x4s in the basement, and it was a perfect channel to run the hose in.

He said he had that track for about 20 years, and there's another one left if he needs it.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
With cases on the rise, I'm beginning to doubt my work will be returning to the office in September. We shall see.
My SIL just received word last week that his company is allowing employees to work from home indefinitely. He was psyched!

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
My SIL just received word last week that his company is allowing employees to work from home indefinitely. He was psyched!
I'm fine with it, but I know of a couple newer employees that are struggling to learn some of the processes remotely.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Peeps love to hate on Amazon. I myself hate all of the lack of controlling counterfeits and knocks-offs and generally avoid buying electronics or memory cards etc from them. However, yesterday went to both HD and Menards looking for a hose nozzle to water plants and found nada. Looked on Amazon late afternoon and it was delivered here around noon.

20210802_131239 CF scale.jpg

Figured it would be good for water my nearly dead beebalm flowers. Sprinklers are odd/even days and sorta likely frowned upon.

Reactions: oldman

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Funny. A guy who never replies to e-mails thanked me for my prompt reply.

So, I picked up another course with DMACC along the way. 4 students enrolled in this one, still 1 in the other, not convinced either one is happening, so I'm not doing a lot yet to prepare. This is weird.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Peeps love to hate on Amazon. I myself hate all of the lack of controlling counterfeits and knocks-offs and generally avoid buying electronics or memory cards etc from them. However, yesterday went to both HD and Menards looking for a hose nozzle to water plants and found nada. Looked on Amazon late afternoon and it was delivered here around noon.

View attachment 87718

Figured it would be good for water my nearly dead beebalm flowers. Sprinklers are odd/even days and sorta likely frowned upon.
But does it work???

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

View attachment 87718

I bought some vacuum food sealer bags from Amazon. 100% worthless crap.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I bought some vacuum food sealer bags from Amazon. 100% worthless crap.

Thinking of KC's earlier post on keeping, not throwing, good stuff: for our wedding a few decades ago, we got one of the then-trendy vacuum-sealing machines with plenty of bags. Tried it a time or two and couldn't get the hang of it. Plus, we never had ziploc/sealing baggies (and generic at that) when we were growing up, so I eventually gave the thing away or sold it at a garage sale. And bought my own plastic sandwich bags with the slide-under, then fold over top. Sigh.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just watched Ginger Snaps. I think I last saw it about 15 years ago so it was like watching a new movie.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife just got home a little bit from taking her mom to see her nephew and his wife (my wife’s cousin and his wife). Said they left a little early because all he would do is bring up politics and she did not go to talk politics. They are from Washington and come out about every 5 years to see his mom. He could only be here for a few days because his schedule was too full……he’s retired.

• Sad
Reactions: wxman1

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
In a perfect world, quitting my job will include me telling one particular Disaster Recovery manager to slag off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron