Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
An Easter Sunday text from DD in re eggs, candy, etc. and their 4-yr-old son: he asked if we could call Peter Cottontail and tell him thank you. We must be doing something right as parents.:D
Without fail I always read DD as designated driver in my head first.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was 14 when I got mine as a freshman in h.s. july birthday.
I waited almost 3 months to get my actual license. In Iowa then, you could drive wherever you wanted to basically anyhow so it was just an inconvenience to drive 25 miles to actually go get it

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Without fail I always read DD as designated driver in my head first.
It's OK if eventually you realize I don't have a 4-yr-old designated driver in my extended family.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Insanely busy with work and life. One week left of this MBA class and I have a "no more than 12 page paper" along with a recorded presentation to do for the final project. Thankfully we have had mini assignments through the semester that will lead a lot of it all. Obviously I can't just copy and paste from those earlier papers but they will at least give me places to start my thoughts...I hope.

Can't wait for it to be over so I have one less thing hanging over my head with the stress from work right now.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Insanely busy with work and life. One week left of this MBA class and I have a "no more than 12 page paper" along with a recorded presentation to do for the final project. Thankfully we have had mini assignments through the semester that will lead a lot of it all. Obviously I can't just copy and paste from those earlier papers but they will at least give me places to start my thoughts...I hope.

Can't wait for it to be over so I have one less thing hanging over my head with the stress from work right now.

Makes me proud to see someone who gets that.
I design things that way every semester, explain exactly how that works, and it's not common for someone to make (or take) the connection.
Nice job!

Reactions: Entropy

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Watched Bill and Ted Face the Music.
Better than I thought it would be. I though the actress that played Billie did a good job of mimicking Ted's mannerisms.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Suggestions for something to make/bake? I’m thinking my no-knead cinnamon rolls.
Have to go buy a paper shredder first.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Can't remember the last time I flew. Been awhile.

Anyway, I was looking at what a flight would cost from DSM to a regional airport...might be doing something summer of 2022. Imagine my surprise to find out if I booked basic economy on United, I wouldn't be able to have a carry-on. Personal item, yes...but I'd have to pay whatever the checked baggage fee would be, plus a $25 gate fee.

Meh.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Can't remember the last time I flew. Been awhile.

Anyway, I was looking at what a flight would cost from DSM to a regional airport...might be doing something summer of 2022. Imagine my surprise to find out if I booked basic economy on United, I wouldn't be able to have a carry-on. Personal item, yes...but I'd have to pay whatever the checked baggage fee would be, plus a $25 gate fee.

Meh.
When they started charging for a bag they created a mess. Everyone started to carry-on and there wasn't enough space so they would gate check your carry-on for free.
Then people started bringing larger bags as carry-on so they could get it gate checked for free because they didn't enforce the carry-on size limits.
I only fly if I have to. They have made the entire airline experience completely miserable.

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV and BCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
By golly a pretty good day at work and Sundays usually go ok, so I with some luck this should be a pretty good work weekend.

Reactions: jcyclonee
Status
Not open for further replies.